Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If so, what are your experiences? Is it more/less expensive for you than living in a sharehouse?

I'm thinking I might have to move onto campus as one of my housemates is leaving the city (she's finished her degree), and the other reckons she might be moving in with her BF.

I've also been told told that moving on campus = closer to uni, which means less bus time for me this is good, considering I live about 1/2 an hour away from the city, 45 mins away from the uni).

What are your general thoughts about living in resies? Well it's either that, or move into another sharehouse, but I think I'm due for an easier change.

I've only got one full semester to go!!! Then hopefully honours. Any useful posts will be fully appreciated, thankies

Luv Danni xox

P.S. Yeah I'm at home now, which is good, but I'm nervous about heading back to uni in a few weeks, mainly b/c of the new an unexpected housing arrangements

ReputationRep:
    IME, it was cheaper to be in halls because bills were included and there was no travelling required, which in London is obviously expensive. Was nice living in central London as well and having loads of other students around and the 'halls life'.

Only real disadvantage is that you won't have as much space as you would in a house.

ReputationRep:
    I lived on-campus this year (though I'm in a house next year), and it was fine. Don't worry about it - though I daresay you will miss seeing your housemates around, remember you will meet lots of new people too. Plus of course there's advantages to being on-campus such as being nearer to academic buildings, libraries etc.

ReputationRep:
    how exactly does living on campus work in Australia?
    Is it halls like here or flats, and what would be included for you?

Have you ever lived on campus before? If not then it might be nice to try it since youve only got one semester left.

ReputationRep:
    I lived on campus for my first year, worked out about the same cost as living off campus this year.

Had more room too to be honest as my room in halls was pretty big whereas my room this year was kinda shoe boxed sized.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starstrike)
    how exactly does living on campus work in Australia?
    Is it halls like here or flats, and what would be included for you?
    They're called resies over here, and yeah not halls, flats + units instead It depends where you go. At my uni there is also a lot of rivalry btw the houses, so I'm not so keen on that! :eek:

You can live in self-catered or catered (food provided) places, but I'll prolly chose self-catered if I have to move onto campus :/

I just want to finish my degree in general

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    I lived on-campus this year (though I'm in a house next year), and it was fine. Don't worry about it - though I daresay you will miss seeing your housemates around, remember you will meet lots of new people too. Plus of course there's advantages to being on-campus such as being nearer to academic buildings, libraries etc.
    And that's the good thing about the move, it just means I'll be there and not have to travel to uni and back everyday, which can be very time consuming :/ So convenient :cool:

Where are you moving to, and did you get my PM?

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Where are you moving to, and did you get my PM?

DB_x
    I'll be living in a house in Englefield Green, which is a village/estate near campus. The house is about 15 minutes away fromo campus by foot, so good for my exercise levels...

Ooh yes I did get your PM I'll answer as soon as I can!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.