Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just had an offer from carr saunders, could people living there tell me if it is a good place? My worries are : no fridge in the room, sharing shower with 4 people, sharing toillets with ?? people.... Is it noisy, is it a good place to work, is it close enough to the school?.....
    Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    Have thay sent the accomodation offers already?

ReputationRep:
    I got the "formal notification" of my offer by e-mail yesterday

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff. Haven't got anything myself. =o

ReputationRep:
    great can't wait till mine gets here.
    Also, I just accidentally filled the sharing form in the accomodation aplication site without reading first that it was only for those who already had been offered shared accomodation. Do you thik there will be any problem? Should I email them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yves)
    I just had an offer from carr saunders, could people living there tell me if it is a good place? My worries are : no fridge in the room, sharing shower with 4 people, sharing toillets with ?? people.... Is it noisy, is it a good place to work, is it close enough to the school?.....
    Thanks for the help
    Was Carr-Saunders your first choice? There have been numerous threads on this, you'll have to go through the archives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanthe)
    Was Carr-Saunders your first choice?
    In fact I don't know what was my first choice. When applying for accomodatio I didn't knew this forum and I was quite in a hurry, so I guess my list of choice only took into account distance from school and fees...

(Original post by Xanthe)
    There have been numerous threads on this, you'll have to go through the archives.
    I made a quick search on the forum for carr saunders, but i didn't really found the description that could help me make my mind. The thing is that during my last two years of school, I was on a campus in french country side, and the rooms had all commodities : shower, fridge, kitchen...
    Having to share bathrooms etc... is quite new for me and I would like to have specific comments on carr saunders to see if I could live there for one year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anabelle)
    great can't wait till mine gets here.
    Also, I just accidentally filled the sharing form in the accomodation aplication site without reading first that it was only for those who already had been offered shared accomodation. Do you thik there will be any problem? Should I email them?
    ooo i did the same thing. i think there wont be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yves)

I made a quick search on the forum for carr saunders, but i didn't really found the description that could help me make my mind. The thing is that during my last two years of school, I was on a campus in french country side, and the rooms had all commodities : shower, fridge, kitchen...
    Having to share bathrooms etc... is quite new for me and I would like to have specific comments on carr saunders to see if I could live there for one year...
    Let me see if I can find the threads for you. In Carr Saunders I'm pretty sure you have to share...

ReputationRep:
    Damn it. I wish they would hurry up with accomodation offers. Just one more thing to worry about.

And, I still haven't received a final decision from my LEA regarding my student loan and so on...

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure Carr-Saunders has single rooms. I hope so anyway - thats what I applied for.

I'm slightly worried that I havn't heard anything yet. I was under the impression that all first year students can be guaranteed a place in halls. Is this true or is it possible that I'll have to find my own accomodation? I'm a bit screwed if I do as I can barely afford to go as it is. Lol.

Has anyone else not heard (undergraduate)?

ReputationRep:
    Another thought . . . . how do they decide who gets residential offers from where? Is it purely luck or is it more competative? Hmmmmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's purely luck. I applied for carr-saunders too. hope i get it soon!

ReputationRep:
    That's it, I've accepted! Any neighboors yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yves)
    That's it, I've accepted! Any neighboors yet?
    Hi yves. I've just accepted too

So I guess I'll be seeing you this Sept.

ReputationRep:
    i have also accepted carr saunders. hope to meet u all. anyone doing actuarial sciences?

ReputationRep:
    Great! Hope to meet you too..
    I'm doing Msc econometrics and economics.
    What about you paladin24?

ReputationRep:
    Hi yves,

I will be doing the MSc Fin-Econ programme... are you also arriving in Sept for the math prep course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paladin24)
    Hi yves,

I will be doing the MSc Fin-Econ programme... are you also arriving in Sept for the math prep course?
    No, I think MSc EME students don't have to go (unless they want too)... That wouldn't have suit me since my internship finishes the 7th of september (and i'd like a few holidays...)

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok. So I guess I will be there a little before you are. Anyway, C-S should be great, and I look forward to meeting you there.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 9, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.