Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yes, me too!
    by the way, where are you from?
    I checked other resids, it seems that C-S is one of the cheapest... And the place seems good too : not far from oxford street. Good for shoping if if have any money left after paying fees :-)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yves)
    yes, me too!
    by the way, where are you from?
    I checked other resids, it seems that C-S is one of the cheapest... And the place seems good too : not far from oxford street. Good for shoping if if have any money left after paying fees :-)...
    I'm from India. Yeah, I did pick C-S because I liked the sound of it, and it was a little easier on the pocket The location should be really great... Tottenham Court St. is nearby too.

ReputationRep:
    C-S is a bit of a ****hole inside, but its location is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yves)
    I just had an offer from carr saunders, could people living there tell me if it is a good place? My worries are : no fridge in the room, sharing shower with 4 people, sharing toillets with ?? people.... Is it noisy, is it a good place to work, is it close enough to the school?.....
    Thanks for the help
    Carr-Saunders...I lived there for the 1st term. It was nice and everything, apart from the fact that I had to share showers/toilets. Both male and females use the same bathroom facilities. I didn't like that...at all. As for the fridge, it should be ok, because they have 3 fridges in the kitchen; however, be warned that quite a lot of people have to share the kitchen unlike places like High Holborn. I was on 1st floor, but the noise level wasn't too bad. As for school, if you walk, it might take 30 min? Taking the bus would be more of a pain in the neck, because there is no direct bus that takes you to LSE. You'll have to switch. Same with the tube, you'll have to switch lines.
    Overall, carr-saunders is ok, I think you'll be happier there, than say butler's wharf (FARRRRRRRR) or great dover... Hope this helped =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKwan)
    Carr-Saunders...I lived there for the 1st term. It was nice and everything, apart from the fact that I had to share showers/toilets. Both male and females use the same bathroom facilities. I didn't like that...at all. As for the fridge, it should be ok, because they have 3 fridges in the kitchen; however, be warned that quite a lot of people have to share the kitchen unlike places like High Holborn. I was on 1st floor, but the noise level wasn't too bad. As for school, if you walk, it might take 30 min? Taking the bus would be more of a pain in the neck, because there is no direct bus that takes you to LSE. You'll have to switch. Same with the tube, you'll have to switch lines.
    Overall, carr-saunders is ok, I think you'll be happier there, than say butler's wharf (FARRRRRRRR) or great dover... Hope this helped =)
    Hey,
    thanks alot for your coments JKwan!

How was it during holidays? On the carr saunders web site they say that accomodation is not provided during holidays and that basically you have to move, but one I phoned them about that it was quite confused and I don't really know what will happen.

Also could you give me your opinion on the evening meals they propose...

Do the shower facilities you share are cleaned as other common facilities or do you have to take care of that yourself?

Finally, what stuff do you advice me to bring? Any other important things besides clothes, cutlery, books, notebook, and medicines?

Thanks for your comments

I think I will have a good time in CS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yves)
    Hey,
    thanks alot for your coments JKwan!

How was it during holidays? On the carr saunders web site they say that accomodation is not provided during holidays and that basically you have to move, but one I phoned them about that it was quite confused and I don't really know what will happen.

Also could you give me your opinion on the evening meals they propose...

Do the shower facilities you share are cleaned as other common facilities or do you have to take care of that yourself?

Finally, what stuff do you advice me to bring? Any other important things besides clothes, cutlery, books, notebook, and medicines?

Thanks for your comments

I think I will have a good time in CS.

If things haven't changed, you have to move all of your stuff out during the breaks (xmas, easter). They allow you to leave one suitcase in the trunk room. An expensive option would be to continue to rent the room during the break. I packed everything up and stuffed it in my friends' rooms in Holborn

As for evening meals...to be honest, I didn't eat there for the 1st term. I usually cooked. Sorry that I can't help you with that.

The shower facilities are cleaned by staff like everyday.

Though it may be obvious, I'd advise you to bring dishes. Alot of those get taken from the kitchen. Oh yes, and coathangers...it may seem stupid..but it took me a long time to find ones that weren't expensive (a.k.a the 4.95 pound ones from Muji)

I'm sure you'll have fun at Carr-Saunders though...everyone was friendly there. Oh yes, you can actually turn the heat up, unlike High Holborn. :mad: When you are sleeping, they turn off the heat so you freeze at night.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 9, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.