Turn on thread page Beta

coldplay at bolton (4th july) watch

ReputationRep:
    just wondering if anyone else went.....it was absolutely amaaaaaazing. the atmosphere was incredible....and fix you!!!!! wow!!!!
    we're all famous now hehe.

(Original post by starsfallsilent)
    just wondering if anyone else went.....it was absolutely amaaaaaazing. the atmosphere was incredible....and fix you!!!!! wow!!!!
    we're all famous now hehe.
    I was there. Probably too far back to actually be in the video but who cares as everytime it comes on TV I shall be jumping up and down shouting 'I was there, I was there'. It was an amazing atmosphere...didn't seem so at first but then all of a sudden it was incredible. Fix you was great..oh the fireworks In my place was incredible so was clocks and yellow and so many others. I have to say that was a great Coldplay experience, possibly better than the other two times I have seen them

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know what you mean about the atmosphere....it seemed just alright to start with and then suddenly it was just like wooooooah. think it was when they played clocks actually, that was amazing, all the songs you mentioned were amazing. argh. how many times can i actully fit amazing into this? :p: hehe. woooo.

yeah i know what you mean about the atmosphere....it seemed just alright to start with and then suddenly it was just like wooooooah. think it was when they played clocks actually, that was amazing, all the songs you mentioned were amazing. argh. how many times can i actully fit amazing into this? :p: hehe. woooo.
    The only bad points to the whole event were the fact it was SO cold and raining.. :p: Although I forgot how cold and miserable the weather was when Coldplay came on

ReputationRep:
    I heard that everyone sang happy birthday to Jo Whiley from Radio1? Aren't Coldplay lovely?!

(Original post by Chocolatefudge)
    I heard that everyone sang happy birthday to Jo Whiley from Radio1? Aren't Coldplay lovely?!
    They are indeed lovely

ReputationRep:
    Its was amazing. Couldn't believe how packed it was. How many ppl do you think were in the stadium?
    I dont think it was jo whiley? Thort it was some random jo who worked at the staidum? I dunno tho, im probably wrong.

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was a random jo they knew from london or something.....hmmmm. although i think it was joe whileys birthday yesterday....so erm, there.? argh.
    but there must have been at least 30,000 i should think.....maybe more? i dunno. it was so incredible....i want to see thema gain now

i thought it was a random jo they knew from london or something.....hmmmm. although i think it was joe whileys birthday yesterday....so erm, there.? argh.
    but there must have been at least 30,000 i should think.....maybe more? i dunno. it was so incredible....i want to see thema gain now
    I thought it was about 30,000. There were 50,000 people when I went to see REM a few weeks ago and there didn't seem as many people at Coldplay. It was amazing. Everytime I buy Coldplay tickets I say that it will be for the last time but I really want to see them again so roll on Coldplay gig number 5!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm very very sorry to all those who like Coldplay, but i think they're pants! I really do not understand what it is about them that have made them as big as they are!
    Can anyone explain?

(Original post by PunkInBlack)
    I'm very very sorry to all those who like Coldplay, but i think they're pants! I really do not understand what it is about them that have made them as big as they are!
    Can anyone explain?
    I just really like the music...

Its all down to personal taste really isn't it because I could ask the same question about other bands/artists. I can't really give you a definitive answer because the reasons I think Coldplay are great won't be the same as why someone else thinks they are great. Personally I really like the music, the first album parachutes means a lot to me because listening to it helped me get through a really bad time. Coldplay were the first band I saw live so lots of memories there. I just really really really like them.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.