Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one who thinks his voice is gut wrenchingly bad?| Its so annoying. I admit its a welcome change from the crazy frog, but i dont see how its fair that this song and his pathetically average album can outshadow musicians that are far more talented. Sorry all you James Blunt fans, i had to get that off my chest.

ReputationRep:
    i really rate him. think he is great and love the album actually quite like no bravery because of the meaning behind it. the one song nobody has mentioned is billy. i love that song too. think it is great to sing along to. goodbye my lover is awesome. rivalling pink floyd as my most played at the moment and as an avid pink floyd fan that is saying something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh1988uk)
    i really rate him. think he is great and love the album actually quite like no bravery because of the meaning behind it. the one song nobody has mentioned is billy. i love that song too. think it is great to sing along to. goodbye my lover is awesome. rivalling pink floyd as my most played at the moment and as an avid pink floyd fan that is saying something
    :ditto: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyBellyBaby)
    Firstly, I love this guys music!! I agree his album is brilliant but i'm not going to any of his gigs. I only heard of him through his album advertised on the telly and the music on this alone led me to go out straight away and buy his album. This is one of the few albums I can listen to all the way through without skipping tracks.

I saw him on Richard and Judy aswell By the way, I like your avatar aswell isla!

My fave songs are Out of My Mind, So Long Jimmy and Wisemen. You're Beautiful is a lovely song but because of it being played so much it's starting to grate on me.

ReputationRep:
    goodbye my lover is sooo sweet

ReputationRep:
    i want that album now....

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how a lot of people are bagging him now he's popular, when he was quite well-liked during the "being little known" era.

ReputationRep:
    He's crap...Just ripping off American singer-songwriters for young teenage girls. He probably noticed there's no real John Mayer, Howie Day or Tal Bachmann in the UK so let's just copy them all, even use American words in his lyrics. Next please.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I actually own the album too If anyone wants it...

ReputationRep:
    I'll have it twice! It's an amazing cd, my fave track is 'cry'..grrr the Southampton gig sold out!

ReputationRep:
    Too commerical now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I can't believe I actually own the album too If anyone wants it...
    Hehe- I'm a huge James Blunt fan who hasn't got round to buying the album yet... if you fancy doing a deal, I'm all yours... :p:

ReputationRep:
    One word; overrated.

ReputationRep:
    I love this album, when he was more or less unheardof my mum wanted the album, she'd heard him on Radio 2 or something and i was like James Blunt who?! Well, she bought the album, and then all I heard on the Radio was You're beautiful. Now, i love some of the other songs like Goodbye my lover more than i do you're beautiful, i just hope dj's stop playing it so much now as its getting a bit overplayed and so is losing its charm!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.