Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just been on the phone to NTL Customer Service and oh my goddd... firstly I phoned up yesterday because the internet, TV and phone service (apart from NTLs number) weren't working and they had to send 'fresh signals through'. Following that I phoned up today and I got this woman who couldn't speak English.. I'm not being prejudice I mean she was like "Mr what?" "Mr what?" "Name sir! sir! Mr M..?". The phones at the other side of the room to the computer and I was apparently not allowed to relay instructions across the room but HAD to be sitting infront of it... I mean what?! Surely!

So we dug out an old extension cord and then got through again and this guy managaed to sort it (and from what he did I can tell that I could've easily relayed the instructions)... and of all the things he said 'you haven't been connecting and disconnecting have you?'. Well duhh maybe you shouldn't disconnect me and then I won't need to try and connect!

Oh and they've got confused and now have restricted our phone service.

I am THIS close to Bulldog

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean restricted phone service?
    I had NTL broadband at uni for a year. It went down at least once a week, but usually came back if we just waited.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, NTL sounds great! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    What do you mean restricted phone service?
    I had NTL broadband at uni for a year. It went down at least once a week, but usually came back if we just waited.
    As an incentive to pay our bill er which we are going to do on Friday as we would normally do any other week they've decided to restrict the phone service so we can't use it apart from 999 and NTL Customer Service. It's madness...

ReputationRep:
    No, don't go for Bulldog! They're pants!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    No, don't go for Bulldog! They're pants!
    Pourquoi?

ReputationRep:
    10 out of 10 for service lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    As an incentive to pay our bill er which we are going to do on Friday as we would normally do any other week they've decided to restrict the phone service so we can't use it apart from 999 and NTL Customer Service. It's madness...
    That's incredibly retarded. In fact, we managed to get a discount, i can't remember how much, for one month because the service was so bad that month. One of my house mates just complained that we shouldn't have to put up with it, we pay for a certain service and expect to get that service and "What are you gonna do to make it up to us?"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we've got Telewest/Blueyonder combo. The internet always seems to occasionally be down, but they're really good at getting it back on I reckon. NTL sounds a bit crap now...not that I used to think it was all that great.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the latest: for some bizarre reason they want payments.. early?! But we don't get paid till Friday and they wont wait. Great.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.