Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellomoto)
    Thank you.

2:1 is tough but achievable.

I thought a University such as Oxford would frown upon any degree which is not a 1st Class Pass.
    2:i is the minimum requirement across the board. You will probably need much stronger recommendation letters than what you will need if you have a 1st. Academics trust other academics in presenting the right candidates for their courses.

Most of the graduates would have achieved a 1st, but there are also many with 2:i. If the admission statistics is anything to go by, graduate courses are even harder to get into, compared to the undergraduate level.

So, IMO, your recommendation letters play a very important role in the admission process. And, if you are in the UK at the time of application, you will probably be invited to an interview too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaGuy)
    2:i is the minimum requirement across the board. You will probably need much stronger recommendation letters than what you will need if you have a 1st. Academics trust other academics in presenting the right candidates for their courses.

Most of the graduates would have achieved a 1st, but there are also many with 2:i. If the admission statistics is anything to go by, graduate courses are even harder to get into, compared to the undergraduate level.

So, IMO, your recommendation letters play a very important role in the admission process. And, if you are in the UK at the time of application, you will probably be invited to an interview too.
    Great.

Thanx for your advice and help.

See you guys in three years, I hope! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellomoto)
    Thank you.

2:1 is tough but achievable.

I thought a University such as Oxford would frown upon any degree which is not a 1st Class Pass.

Then you thought wrong

ReputationRep:
    I know people who have gone to do graduate courses at Oxford having come from far humbler universities than LSE. If your undergrad degree is good, then you're in with a good chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5150)
    I know people who have gone to do graduate courses at Oxford having come from far humbler universities than LSE. If your undergrad degree is good, then you're in with a good chance.

Hope so.

Thanx.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.