Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone... a group of us at school were just wondering if you are all having big problems with your ITGS portfolio grades. We've done two portfolios and barely anyone in the class has got higher than 14. Any hints? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I always thought the portfolios were the easier part of the course... My lowest was something like 22, but there were people in the class who had much lower grades. I think it all depends on choosing the right topic, researching it well and evaluating your arguments within the actual portfolio. Those key words that they use in the syllabus - describe, etc etc.. it's important to do what they want you to do, always have the syllabus open when you're writing your portfolio. Instead of stating information or describing it, they usually want you to evaluate it as well, basically have good arguments, different points of view/different issues. We were told that it's better to explore some key social/ethical issues instead of listing as many as possible, but i'm not sure if thats the best way.

ReputationRep:
    The tips that we were given by the teacher were:
    "Criteria A (Introduction) MUST relate to your article! That means you must use an article that matches your portfolio topic! If the article is a bit long, you should MARK (highlight) the parts of it that you refer to. Do not CONFUSE History with Background (section B). Add Footnotes in your text, when/where you USE any of your listed references. Include here also your attached article(!). Try to have a minimum of 8 REFERENCES. Please use the normal conventions (DATE PUBLISHED (date unknown if there is no info), AUTHOR, Where Published, Internet website etc. Try to be as specific as you can!"

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.