EE/TOK points: +3

Total points: 43

Results: Diploma awarded

Take that, Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, double post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cezi)
    ok i think it is official, like everyone in this IB student room thing is in the top 5% of student doign IB or sumthing. Isnt it only the top 5% who got 7's?! and like everyone here except myself& one or two other people got loads of 7's. where's everyone who got middleish grades!
    Dont worry, I got

Math HL - 4
    English HL - 5
    History HL - 6
    Physics SL - 4
    German SL - 4
    Psychology SL - Pending (damn you IB hurry up)
    Bonus - 1

Far below what I was expecting, apart from German and Math, no disasters, but everything just 1 or 2 below what I was expecting. Unless Psych is a 7, I havent met my Insurance offer.

ReputationRep:
    wow people here did very well...40, 42, 43, 44!!! Thats amazing!

ReputationRep:
    wow!! congrats to everyone!! WOW....so many >40's...

Although by looking at this board, it sounds like the EE/TOK markings have gone pretty wild.... i hope mine wont be come november

For those who have applied to Cambridge, do you think I shouldn't try applying for economics there? because i really bombed out in my eco exam (got a C+ *gasp* ), although I'm usually A+, and I'll probably get a predicted 7.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I was predicted 40/42 (our school didn't predict EE and ToK), and it came otherwise. But I'm happy, I got 39 points and I met my 36 points offer for St. Andrews .

English A1 HL - 6
    Spanish AB SL - 6
    Philosophy HL - 6
    Biology HL - 6
    Math Methods SL - 6
    Human Rights SL - 7
    EE German A1 - A
    ToK - C -> 2 extra points
    Extra subject: Norwegian AB SL - 7

I would have expected more from ToK, I was counting on three points, and I think the markbands for English and Philosophy were quite high this year (although with Philosophy it so much depends on what books you read for paper 2). I think for Maths, Biology and Spanish the markbands seemed to have been reasonably low, especially for Spanish, it's a miracle I got all 6s there .
    Any other opinions on the markbands?
    I'm happy now .
    -Niko

ReputationRep:
    I think History HL was widely high this year. I did really good on my exams but got 6. WTF:P Who cares I got in so screw you IBO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freaker)
    Hmm, I was predicted 40/42 (our school didn't predict EE and ToK), and it came otherwise. But I'm happy, I got 39 points and I met my 36 points offer for St. Andrews .

English A1 HL - 6
    Spanish AB SL - 6
    Philosophy HL - 6
    Biology HL - 6
    Math Methods SL - 6
    Human Rights SL - 7
    EE German A1 - A
    ToK - C -> 2 extra points
    Extra subject: Norwegian AB SL - 7

I would have expected more from ToK, I was counting on three points, and I think the markbands for English and Philosophy were quite high this year (although with Philosophy it so much depends on what books you read for paper 2). I think for Maths, Biology and Spanish the markbands seemed to have been reasonably low, especially for Spanish, it's a miracle I got all 6s there .
    Any other opinions on the markbands?
    I'm happy now .
    -Niko

There's such subject like Human Rights? :confused: how is it?

ReputationRep:
    Human Rights is a school based syllabus, this year my school (Red Cross Nordic United World College in Norway) was the only one to offer it, but I think this coming May two or three schools will write exams in it. It is only available at standard level. There's a lot of history of Human Rights involved, with all the treaties and declarations and conflicts. That is most of the first year. In the second year, most of the course deals with modern issues, such as international law and legislation, multi-national companies, NGO work and the like. There is a lot of lecturing and a lot of discussion afterwards, and towards the end also essay writing. And activism as homework . A very nice course overall, but it can get boring very quickly if you're not interested and don't plan to use it for anything in the future.
    Hope that made it clearer
    -Niko

ReputationRep:
    Human Rights is a school based syllabus, this year my school (Red Cross Nordic United World College in Norway) was the only one to offer it, but I think this coming May two or three schools will write exams in it. It is only available at standard level. There's a lot of history of Human Rights involved, with all the treaties and declarations and conflicts. That is most of the first year. In the second year, most of the course deals with modern issues, such as international law and legislation, multi-national companies, NGO work and the like. There is a lot of lecturing and a lot of discussion afterwards, and towards the end also essay writing. And activism as homework . A very nice course overall, but it can get boring very quickly if you're not interested and don't plan to use it for anything in the future.
    -Niko
    oh that's cool - i wanna have such a subject!!

btw i'm so impressed by how many 40+'s are here - congratulations, guys!
    *hope we're gonna follow this "tradition" next year" lol

ReputationRep:
    -Niko
    sounds really good to me :cool: our school was also offering a 'rare' subject - World Cultures, it's a combination of history and art, i wanted to take it but it wasn't offered the year I started the Diploma

ReputationRep:
    Anyone there applying for Natsci at Cambridge?

What IB points offer overall, what higher subject offers & what college

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madziakowalski)
    Anyone there applying for Natsci at Cambridge?

What IB points offer overall, what higher subject offers & what college

Thanks!
    IB offers for Cambridge is general are between 38 and 41 overall witth 7/6/6 or 7/7/6 at higher levels. For natsci i think they require at least 2 sciences/maths at higher levels and some college even want 3... the ebst wayof finding out about whichc college offers what is to email them. they are very helpful all the time. all i cna tell you though is that Downing gave me an offer at 38 7/6/6 but that was nto for natsci... hope that helps and good luck

ReputationRep:
    34 total with 3 bonus points I wouldn't mind retaking Business.

-Becs

ReputationRep:
    I reckon that it's a good score, since I procrastinated until less than one month was left until the exams

HL Economics - 6 (can't really complain, I started studying for it 3 weeks before the exam, but still, I thought I did better than that in the individual papers, must have been the damn commentary things that brought my grade down..)

HL Physics - 4 (for someone who used to daydream throughout the two years of the course, which therefore means that until 3 weeks before the exam knew shiznit about it, it's a really good score)

HL Language B - 6

SL Math Methods - 6 (I used to get 2's, 3's, and 4's in the mock exams, so I can't complain!)

SL English - 5 (surprised me as this was my weakest subject, I used to get F's and D's in the report cards lol )

SL Computers - 3 (damn dossier project, if you're doing computers don't procrastinate on the dossier as it's a really important part of your final grade, it's worth 35%!)

Tok Essay - C (I used to sleep through the tok classes so I'm actually happy )

EE Physics - D (oh noes, a big fat D!!!1 And it was the only assesment on which I worked my ass off )

Total: 30

Final comments, I'm happy as I met my offer so who cares about the total score, and I know that I'll do much better than this in the uni provided that I don't procrastinate. So wahey for me, and for all you ib1 people, don't procrastinate and you'll do fine

ReputationRep:
    First I must congratulate all of you on you great achievements! I hope that you are all proud of your results. 'cause you have probably all worked hard for them

But I can't help feeling that the tests were a bit anti-climactic, you've worked hard for 2 yrs and everything that really mattered was how you performed during the last weeks? Ok, I can agree that that is not entirely true as you, most likely, learned a lot during the years.. but still?

ReputationRep:
    That's not entirely true. A considerable part of the final mark depended on essays and oral presentations/activities/exams which all of us did during those 2 years. They constituted arround 20-30% of the final mark.

ReputationRep:
    Biology HL - 6
    Chemistry HL - 7
    Psychology HL - 6
    English A1 SL - 5
    German B SL - 6
    Maths studies SL - 6

EE in chem- B TOK - A
    Bonus Points - +3
    Total = 39

Overall I'm pretty happy. was really pleased with 7 in chem, but have no idea what happened with english - coursework was marked as a level 7 and the exam went well, so pretty dissapointed about english. I was also hoping for a 7 in psychology. Also I can't believe i got a B in EE - i put soooo much work into that (around 30 hours-with lab time), and did my TOK essay in about 3 hours and got higher. Strange - i was predicted high A- but it doesnt affect my bonus points so i cnt complain.
    I made my offer and I'm off to uni so I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    At my school 2 people graduated with 45 points !!!

I can't believe it but thats how it is O_o ...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else still waiting for results? I still havent got my Psychology result and its been a week since I got all my others. :mad: Its disrupting so much stuff this late result.

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.