Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me anything about this university, or the area its in (where abouts in england ?). i want to apply for PGCE course there, but dont know anything about it ! also can anyone tell me does it have more than one campus ?

ReputationRep:
    im from gloucestershire....so perhaps i can help?

University of gloucestershire does have more than one campus but the main one is the park campus, which is situated in cheltenham, a really nice area. Theres lots to do and the night life is good.

Was there anything in particular you wanted to know?

ReputationRep:
    what are the names of campus's , cos only one has a vacancy, i think it had campus code L, but didnt say its name, just L ? so im wondering about that campus, where abouts it is, and if its near the town etc. also what part of country is Gloucestershire in, North or South ? that doesnt really matter to whether i go there, im just curious about where i could end up !

ReputationRep:
    lol, gloucestershire is located in the south west of england, near(ish) to bristol. the campus' for the uni are: park campus, pitville campus, francis close and oxstalls. take a look at their website: www.glos.ac.uk. i have no idea what the L stands for, even from looking at the ucas website, but the uni website may help. it will be easier for me to tell you about the area once you know which campus youd be studying at, and/or where youll be living.

sorry if thats not much help!

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks for that, il look at the site again ! when i looked before i couldnt work out which one was L , but il give another look and c !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimsi)
    Theres lots to do and the night life is good.
    as someone born and raised in cheltenham, i find that very hard to belive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_st/n)
    as someone... ...raised in cheltenham, i find that very hard to belive
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    i'm from tewkesbury (just down the road fromo cheltenham/ gloucester). i will probably be studying at the park campus this year. i think there are four campus altogether, both in chelt and glos so i would advise looking at their website to see where you could be. i moved into london to do my a levels but have since moved home and i am looking forward to starting there. its not a bad place really...! anything else you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    the nightlife isn't bad in cheltenham (not compared with some places, anyway) and the campuses are located all around cheltenham and gloucester, i think, which are both nice areas (some might say cheltenham is nicer than gloucester, but it depends on where you go). i don't know what the PGCE course is like there, but i'd look carefully, because although it has a good reputation for some subjects, the uni also has a very bad reputation for other subjects. and i'm not saying that in a snobby way, i am simply repeating the sentiments of some people i used to work with who went there.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.