Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In Grosvenor House what is the difference between single (reduced), single (standard) and single (plus), other than cost? I assume size, but does anyone know? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    it is just size that differs!

ReputationRep:
    i know a few people have had offers already (sadly, not me) but i was wondering if anyone had got an offer for grosvenor house yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milla)
    i know a few people have had offers already (sadly, not me) but i was wondering if anyone had got an offer for grosvenor house yet?
    yeah, I got an offer for a single today but don't know if the size really is the difference considering that I was told that the floor you are on also can affect the cost. Has anyone actually been to Grosvenor and can describe what it looks like on the inside. LSE doesn't have pictures of the interior. Why? I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by social7bee)
    yeah, I got an offer for a single today but don't know if the size really is the difference considering that I was told that the floor you are on also can affect the cost. Has anyone actually been to Grosvenor and can describe what it looks like on the inside. LSE doesn't have pictures of the interior. Why? I don't know.
    congrats! do they tell you in the offer what floor you are on, what price etc? or do you get a choice? i wonder if all the rooms have windows? this waiting thing is so bugging.

ReputationRep:
    Any undergrads heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    nuppers, trusting lse, they'll probably put us on a short list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milla)
    congrats! do they tell you in the offer what floor you are on, what price etc? or do you get a choice? i wonder if all the rooms have windows? this waiting thing is so bugging.

Thanks! They didn't tell me anything other than that I would get a single. I am supposed to choose between the singles that I listed above but there was no plce to request a floor. Frankly, I couldn't care less as long as it isn't the first floor - and even then, it'd be okay. I would think ALL the rooms would have windows, right? Good luck! You should hear soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by social7bee)
    Thanks! They didn't tell me anything other than that I would get a single. I am supposed to choose between the singles that I listed above but there was no plce to request a floor. Frankly, I couldn't care less as long as it isn't the first floor - and even then, it'd be okay. I would think ALL the rooms would have windows, right? Good luck! You should hear soon.
    thanks for the info. hope your room is cool.

ReputationRep:
    heyyy!! i got a single at grosvenor house..

anybody else?
    Grace, from malaysia, postgrad

ReputationRep:
    Looks like postgrads really are getting first preference...(well it did say 'postgraduates preffered')

ReputationRep:
    i still haven't heard - and i'm postgrad. :confused: wish they'd hurry up and tell me. not getting a good feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I hope they're not planning on giving us a spot in a homeless shelter or something. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonBound)
    heyyy!! i got a single at grosvenor house..

anybody else?
    Grace, from malaysia, postgrad
    isn't that a hotel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Same here. I hope they're not planning on giving us a spot in a homeless shelter or something. :confused:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    isn't that a hotel?
    Yes, same name to the famous London hotel- LSE created their own version of it...

ReputationRep:
    Female secretaries. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanthe)
    Yes, very similar name to the famous London hotel- LSE created their own version of it...
    i knew it sounded familiar, lol - had to do a gCSE coursework on hotels a few years back :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    i knew it sounded familiar, lol - had to do a gCSE coursework on hotels a few years back :rolleyes:
    Thye couldn't come up with an original name...but it sounds posh though :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Female secretaries. :rolleyes:
    Love the sig

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 28, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.