Turn on thread page Beta

hey watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey, im a newbie here.. and im having real difficulty writin an essay on the handmaids tale for english lit a level. i missed the preparation lessons, and am therefore lost. the title is Offred feels that the Commander is a man like any other man. Do you think that this is an accurate assessment of his status and character? can anybody help me out??

cheers dudes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondepoxvictim)
    hey, im a newbie here.. and im having real difficulty writin an essay on the handmaids tale for english lit a level. i missed the preparation lessons, and am therefore lost. the title is Offred feels that the Commander is a man like any other man. Do you think that this is an accurate assessment of his status and character? can anybody help me out??

cheers dudes
    Handmaid's Tale thesis by my friend

My list of Handmaid's Tale quotes

ReputationRep:

cheers dudes

Try this site. It may help you. Haven't read the book myself so I'll be useless but hopefully this will be of some use to you. It was analysis of characters as well as the themes in the book http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/handmaid/characters.html

ReputationRep:
    fanks guys bit calmer now.

ReputationRep:
    fanks guys bit calmer now.

Hope it helped! Good luck!

ReputationRep:

cheers dudes
    I'd say the answer's yes in general - like the rest of the male population he commits illegal acts such as possession of literature, and any man in his shoes in the Gileadean regime would've exploited Offred as he did.

ReputationRep:
    thats what im trying to say jools- i showed my teacher my first attempt today, and she is making me rewrite, omitting some of what i put. its so hard trying to give her the right standard in her eyes.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.