Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ACTUALLY, my attendance was piss poor too, all they give u is an agreement "condition" that your attendace dont drop belkow certain lvl. Speak to your tutor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Both?
    Sorry - I was college searching...

I'm looking at:

Maths: U
    Bio: C
    Comp: B
    Geog: D

That's me being optimistic... and they ain't actually all that bad but, when you look at my expected A's across the board they're awful...

Attendance, I think I'm looking at JUST over 60%...

I'm better off at another college methinks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    Sorry - I was college searching...

I'm looking at:

Maths: U
    Bio: C
    Comp: B
    Geog: D

That's me being optimistic... and they ain't actually all that bad but, when you look at my expected A's across the board they're awful...

Attendance, I think I'm looking at JUST over 60%...

I'm better off at another college methinks...
    Ugh Maths, can't stand it they tried to persuade me to do it but I just refused. Yeah 60% is a bit bad, they complained mine was low (at 83%) last year... have you taken the AS exams then?

ReputationRep:
    Wooow, whats with the U's are they ur GCSE's? Resits?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh Maths, can't stand it they tried to persuade me to do it but I just refused. Yeah 60% is a bit bad, they complained mine was low (at 83%) last year... have you taken the AS exams then?
    Yeah I took them, that's what I'm expecting from them...

They forced me to do maths... well I say forced I mean forcefully persuaded...

Basically I need to apply to like a MILLION colleges within this next week to be in with a chance!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inf3rno)
    Wooow, whats with the U's are they ur GCSE's? Resits?
    One U... AS level maths...

My GCSE's were a bit better than that...

This is what I expect of the exams I've just done [4 AS's]...

ReputationRep:
    One U... AS level maths...

My GCSE's were a bit better than that...

This is what I expect of the exams I've just done [4 AS's]...
    Ah well good luck in finding one, what were your GCSEs they'll consider those as well

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's

5 A's, 3 B's, 2 C's and a D!!

Which isn't too bad considering my attendance

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's

Hello :hello:

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's

Ooo yay, was the D in Maths or RE? :p:

ReputationRep:
    well, the reason u got bad grades was prob cause you dont like those subjects, do the subject that YOU like NOt your teacher, they tried that one on me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Hello :hello:
    Glance!!

Errr... Hello!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inf3rno)
    well, the reason u got bad grades was prob cause you dont like those subjects, do the subject that YOU like NOt your teacher, they tried that one on me too.
    Yeah Im gonna see if I can carry on comp and bio, resit maths (just to try getting at least an E/D [no extra classes or stuff - just revise on ma own] and then taking up Chem and Eng Lit!!

That'll leave me with two A levels and 4 AS's... can I get into any kind of Uni with that or??

ReputationRep:
    Ooo yay, was the D in Maths or RE? :p:
    Citizenship!! :rofl:

Maths - B
    RE - C

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Im gonna see if I can carry on comp and bio, resit maths (just to try getting at least an E/D [no extra classes or stuff - just revise on ma own] and then taking up Chem and Eng Lit!!

That'll leave me with two A levels and 4 AS's... can I get into any kind of Uni with that or??
    Well, when you've sorted everything out, what grades will you be looking at ?

ReputationRep:
    Well, when you've sorted everything out, what grades will you be looking at ?
    With resists and whatsits, I reckon I can grab an A in comp and bio [the A levels] and a B in everything else bar maths [D - possibly C]

ReputationRep:
    Citizenship!! :rofl:

Maths - B
    RE - C
    Ahh I got a B in RE after turning up for 3 / 45 lessons... just wrote down some politically correct garbage, one question asked me to describe a movie which showed inter-racial groups.. and I couldn't think of one so I made one up called 'The Rakers', a group of farm labourers etc... they bought it too :rolleyes:

Hoping for a B in Maths!! After Paper 1's Fiasco I'm not too sure...

ReputationRep:
    With resists and whatsits, I reckon I can grab an A in comp and bio [the A levels] and a B in everything else bar maths [D - possibly C]
    Oh yeah you can get into loads of unis with that

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I got a B in RE after turning up for 3 / 45 lessons... just wrote down some politically correct garbage, one question asked me to describe a movie which showed inter-racial groups.. and I couldn't think of one so I made one up called 'The Rakers', a group of farm labourers etc... they bought it too :rolleyes:

Hoping for a B in Maths!! After Paper 1's Fiasco I'm not too sure...
    I made up random quotes in my RE!! :rofl:

"In the bible God says "Ye shall not be a rasict" and this is why christians treat all races equally" :rolleyes:

I jest ye not!! :toofunny:

Now I wonder why people think I don't take qualifications seriously... :p:

ReputationRep:
    I made up random quotes in my RE!! :rofl:

"In the bible God says "Ye shall not be a rasict" and this is why christians treat all races equally" :rolleyes:

I jest ye not!! :toofunny:

Now I wonder why people think I don't take qualifications seriously... :p:
    Hahah I know you can quote something really obscure like "In the old forgotten latin translation of the Bible, it is said that a governing body known soley as 'AQA' will give this paper an A". It is not known to this day what this means. Made up some stuff like that in my French oral for GCSE... "oh yeah, went there, helicopter of course..", my friend said he went to the sunglasses (lunettes, rather than moon (lune) on a rocket :rofl:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.