Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Discuss questions/issues related to Imperial's Wye Campus here.

Wye's website:
    http://www.imperial.ac.uk/wyecampus/

ReputationRep:
    Anybody at Wye here? Comments?

ReputationRep:
    I asked Edders to open up this sticky thread for the benefit of those that are looking to matriculate at Wye. This is the basic jist of the latest thread on Wye.
    (Original post by Mehh)
    I can honestly tell you there is no one on earth that can recommend Wye. Its a joke. From your other choice it looks like you want to do something Business related.
    And not agriculture related.
    The course is an ARGICULTURE course at Wye. Reread the prospectus.
    If you don't have the prospectus. Just go to Amsterdam.

PS. The Union has been getting tonnes of complaints about the way the Wye course is advertised. Unfortunately for the Union its all in the prospectus in black and white. Yet they KNOW the uni is scamming tonnes of students each year.
    Be warned.
    (Original post by Adarah)
    (Original post by Goldenratio)
    How do you mean that the uni is Scamming the students?
    I looked at the course description, and it didn't mention any agriculture.
    Admittedly when i applied for the course i dind't know it wasn't on Imperial's main campus. But that's because i chose all my courses in one afternoon.
    Are there some articles i can read about Wye campus? Can i talk to some past students?
    http://www.imperial.ac.uk/wyecampus/

note first two sentences:
    Imperial College Wye is at the heart of the small country town of Wye in Kent.
    The campus is the home of the Department of Agricultural Sciences.
    http://www.imperial.ac.uk/agricultur...management.htm
    Applied Business Management degrees are aimed at those students who wish to study for a business degree but who recognise the importance of the wider environment within which modern businesses must operate. They combine the disciplines of business management with applied natural sciences. The degrees include accounting, financial planning, marketing, corporate strategy, organizational behaviour, law and economics together with aspects of the natural sciences relating to human interaction with the environment and the food supply chain.

hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your help!! It's very kind of you.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I was wondering if any of you could help me. I gained a place through clearing to study Applied Business Management at Wye. However, after hearing a few negative comments about the place I am not at all sure that this is the right place for me to go. Part of me wants to go this year so I can hopefully apply for a course transfer, but seeing as Imperial don't have economic or business related undergraduate degrees at all, am wondering where i could apply to. Unfortunately, I missed out on my LSE offer by one grade- is there any truth to the claim that Imperial and LSE have a special relationship compared to the other University of London colleges? Also, I'd really appreciate it if some Imperial students who have either studied at Wye or have heard about it could post their thoughts and perhaps advise me on what to do next. Sorry for the long post, but as you can see my mind is in a quandary at the moment as I don't want to spoil my chances of going to a respectable uni to do the course i wanna do ....many thanks in advance xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martha)
    Hello!

I was wondering if any of you could help me. I gained a place through clearing to study Applied Business Management at Wye. However, after hearing a few negative comments about the place I am not at all sure that this is the right place for me to go. Part of me wants to go this year so I can hopefully apply for a course transfer, but seeing as Imperial don't have economic or business related undergraduate degrees at all, am wondering where i could apply to. Unfortunately, I missed out on my LSE offer by one grade- is there any truth to the claim that Imperial and LSE have a special relationship compared to the other University of London colleges? Also, I'd really appreciate it if some Imperial students who have either studied at Wye or have heard about it could post their thoughts and perhaps advise me on what to do next. Sorry for the long post, but as you can see my mind is in a quandary at the moment as I don't want to spoil my chances of going to a respectable uni to do the course i wanna do ....many thanks in advance xx
    As far as I know our relationship with LSE is thus. They don't do science, hence we have nothing in common. They are ranked 3rd/4th every year in the country as do we. But we don't take any notice of them and they afford the same to us (except when we head out to their union for their better/healthier ratios).
    This so called special relationship I doubt exists. As for as far as we are concerned LSE need not exist (again except their union).

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she meant the relationship between their students, Aaron, but between the staff/admin regarding transfers.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.