Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me wht's the minimum amount of time I'm likely to have to wait between applying for a practical test date and actually getting the date? I've heard it's about 3 months, but tht really doesnt sound right
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It depends on your area. Mine is about 6 weeks, but my friend had to wait nearer 4 months

ReputationRep:
    It totally depends on the test centre; it could be anything from a week to a few months.

ReputationRep:
    I have to wait about 5 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    in york it can vary from a week to 4 or 5 months depending on tiem of year. if its bad at your local test centre you might wana check others in the area like i did (i live in york but i took my 4th test in doncaster because the wait was shorter).

ReputationRep:
    i booked mine about 4 weeks from the day i took it|! - it depends of what kind of area you live in - city etc,,

ReputationRep:
    Yep depends on the area as said - they had a list of average waiting times for test dates in my local theory test centre.

ReputationRep:
    I had to wait twenty weeks. I think the list's a bit shorter now though.

ReputationRep:
    depends on your area mine was about 6 months

ReputationRep:
    Sounds about right. In Aldershot it's about three months.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your area, I live in Newcastle, well a little village, but to go to the etest centre I ususally use is about 4 months :eek: but to go to another one it can be as little as 2/3 weeks from when you ring up and book, but that place has lots of evil big round abouts

It might be an idea to ask your instructor, just if it was 4 months waiting list, you could book it now and have loads of lessons to make sure you're ready, or if you are ready, try getting a cancellation, you never know, might be lucky

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Sounds about right. In Aldershot it's about three months.
    Ooooh I took my test in Aldershot I used to live down South Is it still a little porta-kabin place? Yeah, needless to say I failed, otherwise I wouldn't be booking tests up here!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's still in the porta-kabin! Wow, small world. Aldershot is hardly the nicest part of the south though, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's still in the porta-kabin! Wow, small world. Aldershot is hardly the nicest part of the south though, is it?
    lol I guess not! But it could be much worse! I never lived in Aldershot I lived in a little place called Odiham (you heard?) but it was Aldershot or Farnborough, but then Farnborough closed down, so Aldershot it was! OMG it was my first test and I was awaful, nearly pulled out from the porta-kabin and hit some car lol Oh well will keep at it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I drive round the outskirts of Odiham every day, driving from Farnham to Basingstoke! Half my friends live there. How funny. There are lots of people on here from near Guildford, and quite a few down the Southampton/Winchester way (where I work) but I haven't come across anyone from Odiham/Hook before!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I drive round the outskirts of Odiham every day, driving from Farnham to Basingstoke! Half my friends live there. How funny. There are lots of people on here from near Guildford, and quite a few down the Southampton/Winchester way (where I work) but I haven't come across anyone from Odiham/Hook before!
    OMG Thats a small world! I'll have to PM you, you might know some of my mates!

ReputationRep:
    check on the DSA website, itll tell you when there are available slots.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.