Turn on thread page Beta

best colour converses watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella19)
    Which colour should I get??
    And............does anyone know where you can get nice baggy jeans, possibly with rips and tears??

Yeah, my wardrobe! I've got loads from when I was a hyperactive 8 year old, always getting rips and tears in my jeans! Although, I'm guessing you want yours to be:

a) fashionable
    and...
    b) not previously worn by an 8 year old.

Sorry, can't help, try www.matalan.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And............does anyone know where you can get nice baggy jeans, possibly with rips and tears??

thanks
    My kind of thread, my kind of style! :p:

Well, if you buy white Converse All Stars, then you can customise them. Draw all over them, graffitti them, and then spray them in sealer, and have your own cool pair of Converse. But seriously get EVERY colour going; they're all great. Red is particularly cool though. The fold-down ones are also really great. I say red, or white. White go with everything and you can customise them, as I say.

However, they do great funky ones now. You can get pre-graffitied ones, they're cool. And limited edition John Lennon. I LOVE CONVERSE. Best shoe in the world.

As for baggy jeans; once again, my kind of thing. I live in them. I don't mean baggy as in skater boi kind of baggy. Just funky baggy. You sound like you need my pair of Levis Anti-Fit Jeans, complete with rips, tears, paint splashes. They are the original and best baggy jean. I've got 'em on now.

However, I do have a pair of Miss Sixty ones, but by no means are Miss Sixty good for baggy jeans in my opinion. They do more skinny jeans and pipes, they're not good at baggy. Diesel do GREAT baggy jeans, go there. As do Paper, Denim, Cloth. Seven do drainpipes and skinnies more as well. So Levis Anti-Fits are your best bet, but I've got great Diesel and MS ones.

Heee! I'm excited by this thread! (I'm such a loser). It's my style exactly.

My Levis Anti-Fits which I have on at the moment:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I'm not really sad - I don't store pictures of my jeans on my comp, I've just taken them now! It just so happens I'm wearing my Levis Anti-Fits and a pair of Converse at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)

Well, if you buy white Converse All Stars, then you can customise them. Draw all over them, graffitti them, and then spray them in sealer, and have your own cool pair of Converse. But seriously get EVERY colour going; they're all great. Red is particularly cool though. The fold-down ones are also really great. I say red, or white. White go with everything and you can customise them, as I say.

However, they do great funky ones now. You can get pre-graffitied ones, they're cool. And limited edition John Lennon. I LOVE CONVERSE. Best shoe in the world.

As for baggy jeans; once again, my kind of thing. I live in them. I don't mean baggy as in skater boi kind of baggy. Just funky baggy. You sound like you need my pair of Levis Anti-Fit Jeans, complete with rips, tears, paint splashes. They are the original and best baggy jean. I've got 'em on now.

However, I do have a pair of Miss Sixty ones, but by no means are Miss Sixty good for baggy jeans in my opinion. They do more skinny jeans and pipes, they're not good at baggy. Diesel do GREAT baggy jeans, go there. As do Paper, Denim, Cloth. Seven do drainpipes and skinnies more as well. So Levis Anti-Fits are your best bet, but I've got great Diesel and MS ones.

Ypou pull it off well and look fit @ the same time..........

ReputationRep:
    Ypou pull it off well and look fit @ the same time..........
    Cheers. :p: That's really nice of you...

ReputationRep:
    Cheers. :p: That's really nice of you...
    Can I raid your closet? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Can I raid your closet?
    lol. I'll take that as a compliment...but I'll be sleeping with one eye open tonight. :p: Seriously, cheers. Although my Mum wouldn't agree with me, she's like: "You paid how much for jeans with holes in them?!!" (!!). Or she's like, pull your jeans up (especially with the ye ole Diesel ones, eh!). Mums, what are you gonna do with 'em. Are you a Converse fan yourself?

By the way, is that Jake Gyllenhaal in your av? *drools* He's so fit...

ReputationRep:
    lol. I'll take that as a compliment...but I'll be sleeping with one eye open tonight. :p: Seriously, cheers. Although my Mum wouldn't agree with me, she's like: "You paid how much for jeans with holes in them?!!" (!!). Or she's like, pull your jeans up (especially with the ye ole Diesel ones, eh!). Mums, what are you gonna do with 'em. Are you a Converse fan yourself?

By the way, is that Jake Gyllenhaal in your av? *drools* He's so fit...
    Black low tops; I'm not sure how much longer they're going to last though.

My upgrade will probably be green high tops, and maybe another pair of black low tops (or high tops).

Yes, it's Jake Gyllenhall, and yes he is fit!

ReputationRep:

i love your outfit it's so cool! Nice top too, I have a similar one from hooch

(Original post by isabella19)

PINK!!

Actually no don't...Pink is my colour hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Jo-x)
    I swear didn't converses start of as an asian trend? Like mostly oriental people wore them?
    Everyone (well, most people) in Hong Kong has at least a pair.

I'd get pink or purple. They brighten up your outfit

ReputationRep:
    SEXY SHOES!!!!!!!! I love my Converse. I'm considering asking them to marry me. Both pairs. Try www.converse.com You also get a short history of Converse, originally named after Converse rubber, and then used in the very hawt basketball shoes you get now.
    My first pair are black with white toe caps and blue flames running up the sides. It is hard to describe the hotness of the shoes... My second pair are the plain black and white ones, which go with everything. The most brilliant thing about Converse is that they're made of Canvas, so you can customise them. Mine have multicoloured smily face laces....so yeah, maybe try a black and white pair and draw on them with Tip-Ex, get different laces, thread beads on the laces...As you can tell, I'm somewhat of a converse enthusiast :p:
    I don't know about jeans though - my favourite pair are two sizes too big for me, them being a size 12 :p: Needless to say, my parents weren't impressed, as I do have to use a belt to hold them up, lmao. They were cheap though, and they're baggy and ohso comfortable. I got them from New Look, so try there, or maybe TK-Maxx if you have one there. They'll be cheap, so you can make your own rips.
    Wow, what a long rambly post.

ReputationRep:
    i love your outfit it's so cool! Nice top too, I have a similar one from hooch
    Cheers. :p: Have you bought your jeans and Converse yet?

By the way, I think Anti-Fits are around £65, well that's how much mine cost anyway. :p:

my favourite pair are two sizes too big for me, them being a size 12 Needless to say, my parents weren't impressed, as I do have to use a belt to hold them up, lmao
    So true.

My Mum:..."Pull your pants up, I can see your bum...". She doesn't appreciate Topshop's funky drawers either!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=zhivago]By the way, I'm not really sad - I don't store pictures of my jeans on my comp, I've just taken them now! It just so happens I'm wearingQUOTE]

Suuuuure

ReputationRep:
    Suuuuure
    lol!! :p: Oi! Being all cheeky again. You know you loved 'em.

ReputationRep:
    Pinkpinkpink

Pink's the best cause it's bright I love pink I have 3 pairs of pink shoes at the mo :eek: LOL..none of them are converse though too many of my friends have them

I love random decorative shoelaces in odd patterns though....

You could customise them with some

ReputationRep:
    ive wanted converses for ages. Please ppl keep this thread alive so i can peruse it tomorrow :p:

ReputationRep:
    ive wanted converses for ages
    Buy some! There's plenty to choose from and they are the greatest shoe in the world. They are the only shoe I wear (aside from one other pair of non-converse! :p: )

ReputationRep:
    does anyone wear them with a skirt? Cos I have a nice slightly pleated denim skirt and i was wondering if they would go together........

ReputationRep:
    I have a pair of navy-blue boot-like ones. I love them, and they do go with skirts (although i have never worn the combo outside of my house!)

I have some pink "fat willy's", that sound more crude than converses, but are very simliar. I like them a lot!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.