Turn on thread page Beta

I think im gay but i dont want to be! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twenty1)
    its harsh anyway for gay parents to adopt... think about how much it will mess up the kid's life

why??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    get a life and get a gf.lol.
    that's seriously harsh.
    You can't help who you're attracted to, and it's not flipflop's fault.
    Flipflop- don't label yourself, fancy who you want and do whatever you want so long as it doesn't hurt others.

ReputationRep:
    they'll grow up in a bohemian environment.... and will be singled out. Its just not right.

ReputationRep:
    its harsh anyway for gay parents to adopt... think about how much it will mess up the kid's life
    I had this debate today. An arguement is that it would be bad for the kid at school because they would get bullied. But, people can get bullied for the most stupid things. For example the trainers you wear and even the size of your nose, feet etc* I dont think it is fair that gay parents should not be able to adopt when there are a lot more worse problems to be sorted out. As long as they look after them, what is the problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    that's seriously harsh.
    You can't help who you're attracted to, and it's not flipflop's fault.
    Flipflop- don't label yourself, fancy who you want and do whatever you want so long as it doesn't hurt others.
    be gay. you can have much more fun in bed with a man than you can with a woman.

ReputationRep:
    i kind of agree. you need the balance of a mother and father.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    i kind of agree. you need the balance of a mother and father.
    exactly... if people cant see why its wrong....... they should just think to themselves how different they'd be if they had gay parents.

ReputationRep:
    exactly... if people cant see why its wrong....... they should just think to themselves how different they'd be if they had gay parents.
    Okay, but imagine you were gay and you could not adopt because of your sexuality? Just because you are gay does not make you a bad parent.

ReputationRep:
    Well thats just tough... youve gotta make sacrifices, you cant have everything you want.

Its being selfish... it would give the kid a weird childhood... which would probably effect them for life. So you shouldn't adopt if you're gay just because 'you want a kid'.... just to make you happy. You'll mess up a person's life just so you can feel a little better and get what you want.

ReputationRep:
    Well thats just tough... youve gotta make sacrifices, you cant have everything you want.

Its being selfish... it would give the kid a weird childhood... which would probably effect them for life. So you shouldn't adopt if you're gay just because 'you want a kid'.... just to make you happy. You'll mess up a person's life just so you can feel a little better and get what you want.
    Thats a load of bull imo. So, a child is getting assaulted by its parents. A gay couple are willing too adopt it. But the child should stay with the straight couple and get assaulted so the gay couple do not ruin it's childhood?

Just because they are gay does not mean they are not fit to be a parent. As long as they treat them well and keep the child healthy then there is no problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise Man)
    be gay. you can have much more fun in bed with a man than you can with a woman.
    so i've gotta be straight.
    Have you tried both then?~ you can't be sure unless you've tested every woman and man on the planet :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well that is your opinion. But i would rather have gay parents that look after me than straight parents who hit me.

ReputationRep:
    where the hell did you get physical abuse from??? In a way you're agreeing with me..... the only way you'd want gay parents if if you were being hit at home.

ReputationRep:
    where the hell did you get physical abuse from??? In a way you're agreeing with me..... the only way you'd want gay parents if if you were being hit at home.
    Read my last post on page 2.

As for agreeing with you, i am happy with the parents i have right now. But i do not see the problem about why gay people cannot adopt. There are worse things in the world.

ReputationRep:
    isnt it aginst the law anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I have never heard of that law before. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    twenty1: there are a million and one threads on gay adoption in D+D so if you want to discuss the suitability of gay parents I suggest you do it there (see you there). The original poster obviously wants help, not prejudice, and definitely not the thread being hijacked for a debate.

flipflop2: :hugs:

From the information you've given us I would think that you're probably bi. If you fantasise over women too then you're probably not 100% gay.

A lot of people have trouble accepting their sexuality but, in the end, you'll come to realise that you are who you are, and you can't change that no matter how hard you hope. In today's society it's not impossible for a gay couple to have a family, so even if you are gay it isn't the end of the road. You also don't have to go down the camp, promiscuous line which so many stereotypes are based on... it is possible to have a 'normal' life if you're gay. So don't panic!

As someone's already said, if you sleep with someone of each sex you'll know for sure tbh... experiment, relax and don't worry too much, OK?

ReputationRep:
    Flip Flop, I went through a stage of questioning my sexuality. I did turn out to be gay; however it does not mean that you will be.
    Up until a year or so I use to fancy both men and women, when I was 18 I even had a long term girlfriend who I loved and had a healthy relationship with. For me my sexuality didn't stabilise until I was about 20. My advice is not to label your self at the moment and just enjoy the ride. Do what feels right for you and take your time.
    In time you will sort it out in your own head, at your age hormones may play a part in distorting your true sexuality.
    If you turn out to be gay then that’s fine, most people accept you for who you are. It all makes you a stronger person in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry flip - just give yourself some time and going with your mates to parties and the sort and pulling birds and you'll soon be fine. Being surrounded by boys during these years of your life has obviously had an effect on you...

ReputationRep:
    i'd rather be an orphan than have a bohemian upbringing with gay parents
    You scummy idiot - don't bother posting if you can't be constructive. Get out, you're no use here on this issue.

I think 80% of the advice on this thread has being appalling and it's a shame that it's developed into a gay adoption debate.

flipflop2 - I went to an all-boys school like you and was confused for ages about whether or not I liked boys or girls. I think I first became attracted to boys around year 7/8 (although I didn't accept it). I think I finally realised I was gay in year 9/10. Going to a mixed sixth form of boys and girls has made me realise, over time, that I'm gay and don't find women attractive at all (I had a bad experience with a girl last year which was during a phase of me trying to rescue to heterosexual in me - and it didn't work).

There's nothing wrong with being confused, many, many teenagers suffer from such problems. I think you just need to bear with it and over time your feelings will mature and you'll realised whether you're straight, gay or bi - but to be quite honest, you're more likely to be gay or bi seen as you find men more attractive now.

Good luck with everything

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.