The Student Room Group

A2 geography unit 4 Tectonic Activity pre-release january 2010

Scroll to see replies

RollerBall
Painfull. Writing 19 and a half pages in one hour and 15 minutes is not cool.

My right hand now has a permanent claw.

Please tell me your writing is very large, i wrote 14 pages and my writing is fairly small. Do you think you did well and what case studies and diagrams did you use?
drizzle1
how did everyone find the tectonics paper todai?!

It was ok, question a bit vague though. What case studies did you use and what diagrams, also do you think the grade boundaries will be low as it is the first time ever it has been done.
Reply 62
14 pages? i bet your hand felt amazing after the exam
i did 10 pages and used montserrat 2010, sichuan 2008, afghanistan 1998 and papau new ginuea 1998

im worried about my on going conclusion though, seemed pretty weak when i re-read through it, and as for the plate boundaries stuff i guess we just have to wait and see
Mitch_v
14 pages? i bet your hand felt amazing after the exam
i did 10 pages and used montserrat 2010, sichuan 2008, afghanistan 1998 and papau new ginuea 1998

im worried about my on going conclusion though, seemed pretty weak when i re-read through it, and as for the plate boundaries stuff i guess we just have to wait and see

Haha yeah it felt pretty bad. Do you mean haiti 2010?
I used haiti 2010, kobe 1995, kashmir 2005, nevado del ruiz 1985, mt st helens 1980, montserrat 1997, asian tsunami 2004 and 2009 sumatra and samoa earthquakes. How have you read through it?
Reply 64
David_dafrica
Haha yeah it felt pretty bad. Do you mean haiti 2010?
I used haiti 2010, kobe 1995, kashmir 2005, nevado del ruiz 1985, mt st helens 1980, montserrat 1997, asian tsunami 2004 and 2009 sumatra and samoa earthquakes. How have you read through it?

i can imagine lol, yeah haiti 2010.. you've got a decent range of case studies to be fair. i used nevado as a reference to intense lahars..had a few other references aswell

oh and in the exam, re-read in the last 5 mins, didn't really have the flow i was looking for.. didn't put enough revision into it though really
How did this exam go for everyone?

Any words of wisdom for someone taking this unit in June 2010?
Reply 66
Hi, what was the question in the exam please? Im doing the exam in June and want to use january as a practice!
Reply 67
ermm it was something like
'discuss the challenges posed by tectonic hazards and responses to these'
something along those lines i think, hope thats helped!
Reply 68
Felicity_Ella
How did this exam go for everyone?

Any words of wisdom for someone taking this unit in June 2010?

learn your case studies and technique and just dont stop writing lol :smile:
Reply 69
hey am giving this unit in june 2010.

my teacher is unsure about the source of my case study. i got a few from books but not many.

wikipedia seems extremely unhelpful.

can anyone PLEASE tell me from where i should collect my information on case studies!!??

any other advice for this unit is welcomed! :smile:
Reply 70
Hey guys,

June 2010 research focus for unit 4 geo is the following;

Explore the range of tectonic event profiles and how these and other factors affect
the responses of people and governments.
• Research contrasting locations and hazard events to draw out the range of tectonic
activity, and the different responses generated.

Can u guys help me identify the possible ways in which the question wud come in question paper?
Reply 71
Hey, i'm not sure i crossed the box stating which question i answered, :s-smilie: (it was the tectonic one) does anyone know what happens if you do this - do they give you nothing or work out which question youve answered ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending