Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am not going to imperial and i have heard that only 30% of the people that go there are girls. I am just wondering how does it feel to know that prison has a better boy/girl ratio (just joking )? One of my friends told me that he had lunch there and pretty much everyone of the people in the cafeteria were men.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not worried! :p: (maybe all the men are in the cafeteria cause they can't work out how to boil water so they can't cook any pasta themselves?)

Plus, if you want to meet people you've got to go out, if the geeks just sit in front of their PC all the time instead of getting on the tube and going to the UoL union it's their own fault for not meeting any girls :rolleyes: (well, maybe that's not quite how it's like, but well, Imperial is not a prison, if you want to get out and meet people you can)

ReputationRep:
    hehe how many threads have we now had on this topic ^o)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah....well if someone wants to get a girl, he will get in even at IC. It's not like al girls there are monsters or something. I am pretty sure that there are some perls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swishmasta)
    hehe how many threads have we now had on this topic ^o)
    hehehe, one day some mod is going to make a sticky... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hm, I haven't had a girlfriend for almost a year now, although that's probably my own fault, not IC's though, lol. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    IC is in London for heavensake (is that one word?) Don't be worried , there is a red light district not too far away.

ReputationRep:
    Try and see it this way: After 4 years of being in a woman-starved environment (which isn't even the case, but just entertain me here), you'll either become

a) Amazing at charming 'the ladies' with 4 years of training due to high competition
    b) Much more appreciative of women which definately helps with (a) above
    c) Really lonely and a true Imperialite. You'll turn to your work as your only source of comfort, talking only of science with your friends over a weak lemon drink and a hard-boiled egg in the JCR...
    d) Gay.

nah, seriously.. My last 3 girlfriends were all from Imperial (and very nice looking if I do say so myself) and I did physics. If you're still worried, join the choir, or musical theatre, or the orchestra etc etc where the ratio is certainly skewed the other way (eg. in musical theatre the girls outnumber the straight guys by 3:1).

ReputationRep:
    all the better for the girls: they'll have greater choice :-P

ReputationRep:
    The way I see it:

Guys that go to unis that are mostly girls are usually only there for that reason. They will therefore go out / have it on with anyone and everyone. Using that logic, at Imperial the girls.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyopstv)
    The way I see it:

Guys that go to unis that are mostly girls are usually only there for that reason. They will therefore go out / have it on with anyone and everyone. Using that logic, at Imperial the girls.....
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    OK it's worrying but my current drought has nothing to do with unfavourable ratios

ReputationRep:
    Really, it's not that bad. And as everyone has said, you don't have to limit yourself to girls from Imperial. Get yourself out and about and all will be well. But saying that, Life Sciences is pretty much 50:50 so compared to anyone else (with the exception of medics) we've got it easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by high_physics)
    Try and see it this way: After 4 years of being in a woman-starved environment (which isn't even the case, but just entertain me here), you'll either become

a) Amazing at charming 'the ladies' with 4 years of training due to high competition
    b) Much more appreciative of women which definately helps with (a) above
    c) Really lonely and a true Imperialite. You'll turn to your work as your only source of comfort, talking only of science with your friends over a weak lemon drink and a hard-boiled egg in the JCR...
    d) Gay.

nah, seriously.. My last 3 girlfriends were all from Imperial (and very nice looking if I do say so myself) and I did physics. If you're still worried, join the choir, or musical theatre, or the orchestra etc etc where the ratio is certainly skewed the other way (eg. in musical theatre the girls outnumber the straight guys by 3:1).
    Having been on the Lighting Team for the last Musical Theatre show I can confirm that the girls outnumber the straight guys by >> 3:1

ReputationRep:
    yes...very scary ratios at imperial! - they need to put a cap on the males allowed to apply, and promote a female attracting campaign - think that would work perfectly - be it a bit extreme:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max Plank)
    Having been on the Lighting Team for the last Musical Theatre show I can confirm that the girls outnumber the straight guys by >> 3:1
    does that mean you're coming to Budleigh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    does that mean you're coming to Budleigh?
    BUDLEIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    How many girls from IC do we have on this forum`??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pole_from_swede)
    How many girls from IC do we have on this forum`??
    Isn't the only relevant aspect, hot girls?

Since you obviously only care for the girl ratio since you want the girls, and you do not want ugly girls so only hot girls are interesting. However that is quite insensitive so you might be smarter than I.

ReputationRep:
    I can only comment on behalf of the Mathematics department - there are always a group of greek/cypriot girls that are very friendly and really good-looking. A few from this years 1st year group were stunning.

But the ratio does stand to be 7:3. Anyway, who goes to Imperial to find raveshing girls? :eek: :p:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.