Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little.rebel.L)
    exactly i mean its london!

and being part of the uni of london you can weasle your way into Kings, LSE and UCL unions with ease. they have many many girls.
    Especially LSE. Their Economics department is renamed as "eye candy" for the guys, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galois)
    Especially LSE. Their Economics department is renamed as "eye candy" for the guys, lol.
    Hm, I've only visited LSE once, it was pretty good. Should really go back again some time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little.rebel.L)
    sorry.. but thats a high school.. ew

if you really want to meet ladys, as in women, hang out with the musical folk in the royalschool of music or from the art school. Generally you will find joining things like dance soc etc puts the ratio on a more level flooring. either that or you could find a gf before you get here.
    Yeah I totally see that but in school I'd think nothing of dating a girl in the year below me, it's exactly the same. It was just an example I thought of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riccardo)
    Yeah I totally see that but in school I'd think nothing of dating a girl in the year below me, it's exactly the same. It was just an example I thought of.
    yeah but there is the year below you, and then quite a few years below you... really unless they are in the last year it just getting close to sick

ReputationRep:
    i'm not worried about the boy:girl ratio, people can easily survive without girls :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wineblood)
    i'm not worried about the boy:girl ratio, people can easily survive without girls :cool:
    Highly unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the boy:girl ratio is for chemistry at imperial? Because I am a girl who is hopefully going there this year and isn't complaining about this but just wondering. I asked one of the students at UCL during an interview about their ratio for chemistry and they said that is was about 50:50 which I found kinda hard to believe.

ReputationRep:
    Highly unlikely.
    i am the proof of my own statement, so there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meawinner1)
    Anyone know what the boy:girl ratio is for chemistry at imperial? Because I am a girl who is hopefully going there this year and isn't complaining about this but just wondering. I asked one of the students at UCL during an interview about their ratio for chemistry and they said that is was about 50:50 which I found kinda hard to believe.
    Don't worry, it's pretty high. I personally know about 10 chemists, 7 of whom are girls!

Biochem, Chem, Biology, Maths and Medicine generally have v high numbers of girls (medicine is the highest ratio, followed by biochem and then maths). and the best looking girls tend to be in those depts as well :p: (except in maths )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wineblood)
    i am the proof of my own statement, so there.
    A single example does not prove anything, merely just to show that there exist. Your statement said people in general. One example does not prove it is true for all, so there.

ReputationRep:
    A single example does not prove anything, merely just to show that there exist. Your statement said people in general. One example does not prove it is true for all, so there.
    Hmmmm Galois...are you a Mathematician?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pole_from_swede)
    roll on the maths jokes

ReputationRep:
    This just reminds me of the following:

An astronomer, a physicist and a mathematician (it is said) were holidaying in Scotland. Glancing from a train window, they observed a black sheep in the middle of a field.

"How interesting," observed the astronomer, "all scottish sheep are black!"

To which the physicist responded, "No, no! Some Scottish sheep are black!"

The mathematician gazed heavenward in supplication, and then intoned, "In Scotland there exists at least one field, containing at least one sheep, at least one side of which is black."

ReputationRep:
    hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pole_from_swede)
    Training to be one.

ReputationRep:
    Training to be one.
    I suspected that ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo532)
    This just reminds me of the following:

An astronomer, a physicist and a mathematician (it is said) were holidaying in Scotland. Glancing from a train window, they observed a black sheep in the middle of a field.

"How interesting," observed the astronomer, "all scottish sheep are black!"

To which the physicist responded, "No, no! Some Scottish sheep are black!"

The mathematician gazed heavenward in supplication, and then intoned, "In Scotland there exists at least one field, containing at least one sheep, at least one side of which is black."
    Nice . I quite like the following:

How they prove that all odd integers higher than 2 are prime

Mathematician: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, and by induction - every odd integer higher than 2 is a prime.
    Physicist: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 is an experimental error, 11 is a prime,...
    Engineer: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 is a prime, 11 is a prime,...
    Programmer: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 7 is a prime,...
    Salesperson: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 -- we'll do for you the best we can,...
    Computer Software Salesperson: 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 will be prime in the next release,...
    Biologist: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 -- results have not arrived yet,...
    Advertiser: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 11 is a prime,...
    Lawyer: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 -- there is not enough evidence to prove that it is not a prime,...
    Accountant: 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime, deducing 10% tax and 5% other obligations.
    Statistician: Let's try several randomly chosen numbers: 17 is a prime, 23 is a prime, 11 is a prime...
    Professor: 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, and the rest are left as an exercise for the student.
    Computational linguist: 3 is an odd prime, 5 is an odd prime, 7 is an odd prime, 9 is a very odd prime,...
    Psychologist: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 is a prime but tries to suppress it,...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    roll on the maths jokes
    Jeez how come all Imperial threads with the slightest hint of mathematicians posting in them always degenerate into Maths jokes..... :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol the sheep one was funny though.

ReputationRep:
    Nice . I quite like the following:

How they prove that all odd integers higher than 2 are prime

Mathematician: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, and by induction - every odd integer higher than 2 is a prime.
    Physicist: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 is an experimental error, 11 is a prime,...
    Engineer: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 is a prime, 11 is a prime,...
    Programmer: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 7 is a prime,...
    Salesperson: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 -- we'll do for you the best we can,...
    Computer Software Salesperson: 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 will be prime in the next release,...
    Biologist: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 -- results have not arrived yet,...
    Advertiser: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 11 is a prime,...
    Lawyer: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 -- there is not enough evidence to prove that it is not a prime,...
    Accountant: 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime, deducing 10% tax and 5% other obligations.
    Statistician: Let's try several randomly chosen numbers: 17 is a prime, 23 is a prime, 11 is a prime...
    Professor: 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, and the rest are left as an exercise for the student.
    Computational linguist: 3 is an odd prime, 5 is an odd prime, 7 is an odd prime, 9 is a very odd prime,...
    Psychologist: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 is a prime but tries to suppress it,...
    what about the Doctor?? :P

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.