The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
English Lit, History and French. Have done History, French, Eng Lit, and Class Civ AS levels but would love an a in French, not going to happen though! If I don't get an a in History I don't know what I'll do, get hideously drunk and cry lots...
Probably bio, chem and geo for me wanting to do them and bio, chem and maths for being the most useful.

Doing bio, chem, geo and French (and GS and also possibly environmental science) for AS! :biggrin:
Maths
Psychology
Business Studies

And ironically enough, I'm doing all of those :smile:
Photography, Physics and RS

I'm doing Bio, chem, geog and maths/french instead. :biggrin:
Reply 24
Tough one....
Of course I'd still take Biology cos I looooooooooooove it
I've gone from being a total mathmo to just losing steam by about half way through year 13 so hmmm I might take that out
I'd definitely lose Chem
Hmmm I loved German but I prefer Spanish as a language I just cant speak it hehe
And I REALLY wanted to do Theatre Studies but it clashed with Chem. I ended up basically doing the AS course anyway hehe
There are others I'd have liked, but I loved them in their own right and I wouldn't want to spoil them with study hehe

Ok let's have Biology, Spanish and Theatre Studies
Art, Drama and Sociology:biggrin:
Reply 26
Further Maths, English Lang. + Lit. and Chemistry/Economics lol
I wish there was an A-level Anthropology course.
Reply 28
isabella19
if you could do any 3 A-Levels and know you would get an A, what would they be?

Mine would be:

Maths
Spanish
History

make me look like an all rounder that i'll never be..... :frown:

but it looks like I'll be doing

Economics
Geography
Eng lit

You should do what you love cus loving the subject lets you get a better grade easier. Besides, 5 hours a week, every week of a subject - if you don't like it or even remotely dislike it, it's a pain in the neck. Take what you love - you don't need A's to get into a good uni. My Biology teacher got a C in Biology A-Level and she got into Bath for Biology.

If I could do any 3 A-Levels it would be: Art, Eng Lit, Chem, Bio :biggrin: hmm ok that's 4 A-Levels. I dropped Eng Lit after AS you see - if I could go back I think I would've kept it :redface: and I can't see myself NOT doing Chem and Bio and for the life of me I'll never drop Art... So yeh, Chem, Bio, Art and Eng Lit it is! :biggrin: I'm a bit of an all-rounder :smile: passion lies with humanities, but can't see myself without science.

If my school offered it, I would've loved to take Law and Psychology cus I really wanted to see what they were like. But no, I think it would've been a complete mistake if I didn't take the A-Levels I took - which are Art, Chem, Bio. Besides, those subjects keep all doors in science AND the arts open :biggrin:
Reply 29
Maths, Physics, Chemistry - make me look clever
Reply 30
english, music, drama :smile: all my favourites :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Things that would make me look like a smart-arse I think -- Further Maths, Latin and... Physics. Maybe not Latin actually, perhaps a modern language.
Reply 32
I did Politics, Economics, History and Philosophy for A2.

I'd be overjoyed with A's in Politics, History and Philosophy.

Doing Economics wasn't a mistake, but it wasn't exactly the most enjoyable pastime.
Reply 33
Theatre studies, music and dance

Ahhh I'd love to do those alevels. If only the entertainment business was more reliable and secure! Now i'm stuck with maths, biology, physics and theatre studies(:smile: )
Reply 34
hmm...Probably Geography, Physics and Maths.
Reply 35
Bio, Human Bio, Sociology
Reply 36
Maths, Further Maths and Biology but I've just done these three subjects and hope to have AAA in them anyway.

I've noticed some people have mentioned Further Maths without Maths - You must do Maths before you can do Further Maths.
Reply 37
I'd still do Maths and Further Maths.
But instead of Physics/Chem I'd do Astronomy (if it were to exist, I did GCSE Astronomy and I loved it).

But because Astronomy isnt available as an A-level, I'd do English lit as my third A-level.
Reply 38
Not choosing them for a while but I suppose French, Spanish and Music.
Eng Lang/Lit, French, Spanish so everything I'm doing. Would have liked to have done Latin or perhaps done some more Ancient Greek though coz it was strangely enjoyable!

Latest