Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    could anyone tell me the average rent for uea, just trying to compare to other universities. thanks

ReputationRep:
    depends where u wana stay. I lived in constable last year and it cost around 80 pounds per week. Nelson court and colman and the brand new residences will also be that kind of price.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not sure exactly where i'd go yet but i probably go for self-catering

ReputationRep:
    Hi starry eyed, I picked up a list today, They are all self catering, but there are no ovens! :eek:

anyhoo... on campus en suites are £81.69 per week but very nice!

I think there were some other en suites which were £70 but I can't find them on the list!

Norfolk and sussex terraces are the old 60's blocks and are £54.39 with washbasins in each room but the kitchens and bathrooms are shared between up to 14 people. Views are great though!

Orwell close and Wolfston close are £50.19 with shared everything (no washbasins of your own) but there are less of these

ReputationRep:
    The cheaper ensuites are located in The Village, just over the road from campus - they have shower "pods" rather than bathrooms like the more expensive ensuites (ie you can sit on the toilet, have a shower and clean your teeth at the same time! They're quite small!).

Suffolk Terrace won't be available next year (they're refurbishing it) but Norfolk is the same (and thats going to be refurbished next year I think. Any info you want can be found here on the UEA accomodation office website.

ReputationRep:
    what cdid ya think of the open day then steph???? was it as nice as it looks?

ReputationRep:
    YES! I'm going there for sure! (if I get in!) There is more concrete than you would think from the photos, but there is also more green stuff. Its a great size and the sport facilities are incredible!! I am not exactly sporty, but I think I will become so!

Nowich is lovely too, loads of character and loas of shopping stuff. I didn't sample the night life, but there were quite a few interesting looking places around. The whole thing just seemed brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    ooooo i want to go so badly now!!!!

ReputationRep:
    hope i aint ballsed my grades up well wanna go! Business management

ReputationRep:
    Ive just finished my first year of business management so if u have any questions feel free to ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Norfolk terrace was fab to live in !!

ReputationRep:
    Hello out there! I'm Khuma Sara from Nepal, I have been offered a place to study Development studies at UEA (September 2005). I'm looking around for cheap accomodation. Could anyone please tell me what would be the best to do, besides applying at the UEA residences, I find them pretty expensive, I don't know. Could anyone please help me with this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khuma Sara)
    Hello out there! I'm Khuma Sara from Nepal, I have been offered a place to study Development studies at UEA (September 2005). I'm looking around for cheap accomodation. Could anyone please tell me what would be the best to do, besides applying at the UEA residences, I find them pretty expensive, I don't know. Could anyone please help me with this??
    Hi there! I'd advise staying in residences - although they might seem expensive, private housing around Norwich is about £200-250 a month, which does seems cheaper than halls, however you will have to pay bills (gas, electricity, water plus internet/tv etc) which as i've experienced this year, is quite a lot of money! With the residences, you know what you're getting and everything is included in the price (internet, no bills etc). Plus, as you're new to the area, you'll be mixed with lots of other people in the same situation so you can explore together, whereas if you go into private housing it's most likely the people already living there will be well aquainted with each other and the area already.

If you do want to go private, then have a look at http://www.stu.uea.ac.uk/advice/housing which is a site where spare rooms in houses are advertised by students/landlords. However bear in mind that there is a varying standard of accomodation available (I went to look at a house at the weekend that really wasn't that nice), so be sure about your decision if you're not going to be able to visit it first.

Hope that helps

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 20, 2005

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Tue, 12 Mar '19
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.