Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wrinkles)
    I have applied for a 'Stock room Assistant' Any ideas what I may have to do if i got the job??
    Meanz youre basically gonna b dealing with the deliveriez, i.e. unpacking the clothez and hanging them, cubing them and putting them away. Personally I think the jobz really easy for those who dont really like dealing with customerz and easy money too.

ReputationRep:
    Next will Hire peps under 18 first, its cheaper for them since they have to hire so many staff for the summer sale.
    I worked there last year during their summer sale....i luvd it!...made sum gud friends. I worked evry where from the shop floor to the warehouse (i worked in the Bluewater Next, they have a seperate warehouse away from the shopping centre). I even got offered a place to work there after the sale but i stupidly turnt it down because it took my soooo long to get to the shop. I really regret rejecting the offer as im having so much trouble finding a job now.

A word of advice dont put all ur hopes on Next calling for an interview, unless ur under 18 cus then ur likely to get a call nearly straight away.....if ur CV luks gud that is. But Gud luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    yeh, they are employing more staff for the sale in july, they also accepted my CV but no interview yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rico dan man)
    yeh, they are employing more staff for the sale in july, they also accepted my CV but no interview yet.
    same here

ReputationRep:
    ooh congratumalations!

ReputationRep:
    i picked up an application form for the sale and sent it thru the post cos i was going away the next day... havn't heard anything from them yet!!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview tomorrow at 1pm! I am really nervous and excited. any ideas on what they may ask me??

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for a 'Stock room Assistant' Any ideas what I may have to do if i got the job??
    LoL i feel sorry for you when you haev to unpack the sale tubs when they arrive, currently working for an agency through the suymmer for extra cash, im at a warehouse at the mo packing all the stuff for the next sale (re-tagging, pricing , red dotting VERY BORING) to the say everyone jsut stuffs it all into the boxes is an understatement.

One entire team got sacked for ruining 16 grands worth of clothes in a week by tagging them wrong so next couldnt sell them LOL

ReputationRep:
    ok, i have to go to an induction day on friday for two hours, does anyone know what you do there?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know, but good luck! yo've got further than me!

ReputationRep:
    thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    My induction at WH (it lasted 2 hours as well) involved me filing in forms about my Contact Details, Bank Account etc etc. I was shown around the shop/backshop and told where the Fire Exits etc were. For the last 15 minutes, I was I was till trained.

ReputationRep:
    At what store? Not having to work on the till n' deal with customers sounds like my kinda job :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ok, i have to go to an induction day on friday for two hours, does anyone know what you do there?
    They probably are going to make u fill in bank details n things. You get an overview basically and a welcome pack. And also u watch thses really boring videos abt health and safety, and most probably a store tour....but the good bit is, you get paid for it! :cool: Should be about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    At what store? Not having to work on the till n' deal with customers sounds like my kinda job :rolleyes:
    It was at NEXT. i habded in my CV for the stock room assistant, but they have offered me a temp job as a sales consultant during their sale.

ReputationRep:
    i hate when i'm down in the stock room, i got my job not by handing out truck loads of CV's which i did do, got quite a few interview but no jobs coz of lack of work ex, but thru the school work experience after da 2weeks they said we like you dya wanna stay on i was like wahey! so i work 4days a week in the hols and on satudays when i start sixth form heheh! hope ya get ya job

ReputationRep:
    what was the interview like wrinkles. what did they ask you?
    i may have an interview with next if they get back to me!!

ReputationRep:
    the interview was not as bad as i expected.
    They asked me questions like:
    What do you think a sales consultant has to do.
    what would you do if you suspected someone of shoplifting and
    how would you deal with and angry customer
    there were a few more but i cant remember them

ReputationRep:
    I'm meant to be going to orientation on saturday so I presume that means I have a job its for the sales. She got me on my mobile and the battery was running low so I couldn't asj much but I haven;t had an interview or anything but she said I would get paid for saturday so I presume thats a job offer.

ReputationRep:
    I got a job for the sales it was well easy I just had to fill out a form and thats it I've got orientation on Tuesday.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2005
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.