Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what they pay per hour?

ReputationRep:
    they said £6.41/hr to me and after a certain time it becvomes time and a third or something like that

ReputationRep:
    they haven't even told me what I'm doing yet should be interesting. I hope my salary is decent they haven't told me that either. I'm going to phone tomorrow to doublecheck everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandni)
    they said £6.41/hr to me and after a certain time it becvomes time and a third or something like that
    How many hours a week are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandni)

REALLY!!?? I was expecting just £4.10/hr

(Original post by Wrinkles)
    REALLY!!?? I was expecting just £4.10/hr
    It depends where in the country you are; the closer to London, the more you get paid, i.e. you get paid most in London.

ReputationRep:
    the one near me is £5 p/h

ReputationRep:
    ah yes i'm gonna b in c london well not quite but really near!!! I'm doing a 6hr shift on the friday night I dunno beyond that!!

ReputationRep:
    Pay goes according to "Zones"...Zone 4 is £6.41 which I think accounts for most of the greater London area, not too sure about the rest though

ReputationRep:
    do you think they will accept me just for the 1st saturday and sunday of the sales??!!

ReputationRep:
    Temps are hired for usually the first 2 days of the sale, some are kept for about a week or 2 in total, thats about it. Pay is really good though

ReputationRep:
    The girl I spoke to said it would be til the start of August but then there was a good chance you'd be kept on parttime

ReputationRep:
    I may apply for this, altho last time i sent them my CV they didnt reply, however they always seem to have one day sales, so i would be happy to just work during then.

ReputationRep:
    I think its too late now all the signs are down in my area

ReputationRep:
    I am working 2-8 on Saturday 23rd, but I'm not too sure what department i am on, on the sheet where you chose your hours, it said 'F/Cover'. Anyone have any ideas on what this means? I'm not sure what it means and I forgot to ask at the end of the induction!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2005
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.