Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Some salons would do brazillian and prob would remove everything but at more of a price than bikini line. You can bring your knickers in to how much you want taken off. Its uncomfy but not that bad pain (but then again i have high pain threshold) Ive been getting mine done since I was 14 (4 years) and you get used to it. Been to 3 different salons around my area and all the ladies were really nice and professional. They see things like it every day dont they! I wouldnt want to go completly bare tho, I find it weird and a bit 'little-girl'-ey. Find it odd if men find that attractive.

Go for a wax in a salon rather than shave (itchy itchy), trimmers can be slightly effective and hair removal is ok but mostly just for the bikini line bit!

Lully

ReputationRep:
    you shave all over- thike EVERYWHERE? isn't that just a little bit difficult??

ReputationRep:
    Shaving down there.

The best time to shave is either in the shower/bath or just after. This will mean the pores are slightly larger, and mean there is less irritation. Use some kind of shaving foam too. Personally, I don't bother shaving anymore... I just trim.

ReputationRep:
    If you shave it it's the most itchy painful thing EVER cos it grows back and *shudders*

If you want to keep stubble at bay for a LITTLE longer then if you shave using conditioner instead of shaving foam (you'll need to be pretty short to start with so cut it down with scissors first!!) then you'll have a few extra days before it comes back cos you shave closer

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna have a brazilian bikini wax soon, think that would look better than nothing at all. But i'm lucky, cause my mums a beautician, so she does it all.

ReputationRep:
    I think the only way you're gonna find out what you like is to try it for yourself. Something that certain people love you may find really painful and vice versa.

Cxx

ReputationRep:
    your mum does it? isnt that a little weird/awkward?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottomness)
    your mum does it? isnt that a little weird/awkward?
    :ditto: i wouldnt dream of letting ma mum do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by work_it)
    Ahhh i think you're braver than me. i personally wouldnt trust my own hand! :eek: And the idea of cold strips just remind me of a bit of sellotape ripping the hair out....youuuuch!! ..not that that would work.

Ill probably be *****ting it when im in there, even though the women are really nice (i went to get a price list today).

Does anyone know how you sit/lie to get it done?? lol *niiice* x
    if you're just having a normal bikini line you lie on your back and bend one leg and put that foot under the other knee. then you change sides! They usually get you to hold the skin taut while they do it and then it doesn't hurt so much. my friend went and had it all off and it sounded a bit more embarassing - she had to kneel on all fours while they did underneath! but for the normal line you don't do that!

I didn't find it that painful...maybe one strip that made my eyes water but apart from that it was fine. I've had a normal wax done a coupel of times but i'm going to go for an "extended" wax this time! just to get rid of a bit more of it down there. it costs a bit more because it takes longer.

Don't be embarassed at all, or certainly not humiliated! some of my friends all went together for their first time, but personally i would find that worse, i prefer to go to someone i don't know and aren't going to bump into!

just remember, whoever's doing it will have seen people's bikini lines every day, it's really not weird for them!

ReputationRep:
    why not just trim it, it is easier and it does not affect you like irritation and pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    why not just trim it, it is easier and it does not affect you like irritation and pain
    cus i dnt want it jus trim but al gone!

ReputationRep:
    I have mine waxed (brazilian stylee) by a professional every few weeks and it hurts but its worth it. I did try to do it myself post car crash as getting into town was a bit difficult but i couldnt; it requires great skill or it hurts soooo much! When you wax repeatedly it starts to thin the regrowth. I have tried hair removal cream but it didnt grow back any thinner even though its supposed to. Shaving will just make it itchy and regrowth tres thick. By the way a hollywood is all off as far as waxing goes so thats what you need to ask for. If I were you I'd try a brazillian first and then if your ok take it the step further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise28k)
    I wouldnt mind havin a go at shaving but surely that must lead to nasty thick stubble every few days? Also thought about using them creams that dissolve the hair, lyk that veet stuff (the wimps way out i know) but havent found anyone thats done this. Answers on a postcard please!!
    um...*looks embarrassed* - i tried this veet cream once, and it left stubble, and grew back in about the same time as if i had shaved it....

so no, i think waxing is the only option...

ReputationRep:
    urgh... *shudders*
    i shaved down there once and will never do it again ... it itches and hurts like hell and then it's all prickely when it grows again but if you then try and shave it you'll end up with red dots everywhere which hurt even more...
    my advice - just keep it trimmed very short.

ReputationRep:
    isn't it kind of embarrassing though... personally i wouldn't want someone sstaring down there! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I definitely could not get it all waxed off. OW.

ReputationRep:
    Shaving is ok. You can get a rash but there is a thread somewhere telling you ways to prevent or get rid of that. It can be a bit itcy and it does grow back quickly but if you do it regularly you are capable of keeping the stubble at bay unless you have decided that you never wanna do that again and are trying to grow it back. No it does not actually hurt unless you cut yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise28k)
    I wouldnt mind havin a go at shaving but surely that must lead to nasty thick stubble every few days? Also thought about using them creams that dissolve the hair, lyk that veet stuff (the wimps way out i know) but havent found anyone thats done this. Answers on a postcard please!!
    I do that! it's ok, but it needs doing quite regularly and you can't do the whole area, only the bikini line, atleast that's what it says on the packet. on the plus side, no pain and no painfull stubble as the hair grows back quite thin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    I'm gonna have a brazilian bikini wax soon, think that would look better than nothing at all. But i'm lucky, cause my mums a beautician, so she does it all.
    Er, do you really want your mum seeing your nether regions at your age?! :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.