Huntroyde Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
He left for about 3 days last week, and when he came back a thread had been deleted that he had about 50 posts on. Vienna was at least 300 posts ahead of him and I was only 40 behind, so I think that this was the last straw for poor, unappreciated Huntroyde.
Yup, I think it was eric_bischoff who noticed first. Someone who started the 3000 thread again anyway. Didn't think that a post count meant that much to people though.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Except I really don't believe it was him, at all.
I have no doubt that it was. His writing style and humour were instantly recognisable, and most of his threads were directed at people who had antagonised him previously - why would an imposter have any motive to do that?
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have no doubt that it was. His writing style and humour were instantly recognisable, and most of his threads were directed at people who had antagonised him previously - why would an imposter have any motive to do that?
Ermm I don't know but it just didn't seem like it was him to me.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Yup, I think it was eric_bischoff who noticed first. Someone who started the 3000 thread again anyway. Didn't think that a post count meant that much to people though.
no, but being the no1 poster was his main claim to a possible moderation spot. he had tried to get promoted more than once. with his slippage down the 'rankings' so to speak, went his chance to become a moderator.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There ya go, if he was that recognisable, then its all settled. Though I'd still like to know why he got pissed about the post count. We all saw him hit 3000 first anyway, even posts of congrats on that race to 3000 thread.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
no, but being the no1 poster was his main claim to a possible moderation spot. he had tried to get promoted more than once. with his slippage down the 'rankings' so to speak, went his chance to become a moderator.
Well I think he totally blew his chances for ever last night. And its not all about post count you know.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm guessing he is only 16,17,18 right? Otherwise, why on earth would anyone really want to be a moderator that bad for?
theone
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I'm guessing he is only 16,17,18 right? Otherwise, why on earth would anyone really want to be a moderator that bad for?
He was 15/16, in his GCSE year.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well observed. That goes some way towards explaining his bizarre actions - it was quite unlikely that he would get to the top of the list again.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well observed. That goes some way towards explaining his bizarre actions - it was quite unlikely that he would get to the top of the list again.
*nods* indeed it would
Anna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Ermm I don't know but it just didn't seem like it was him to me.
exactly,hes never spoke like that before...or typed for that matter...
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
exactly,hes never spoke like that before...or typed for that matter...
yeah ... he really badly wanted to be a mod - but with an attitude like his it was never gonna happen. Too many people hated him.
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It is really odd and unlike him...then again, after he hit 3000, one of the mods - can't remember if it was ollie or edders - deleted some of his posts so Vienna won. Didn't think it meant that much to him tho...and you're right, we all know he hit 3000 first, so what's the big deal??! I think it's likely to be him tho, unfortch, coz even if it was a member of his family, they wouldn't know enough about the forum, the people on it and past post history to be able to say the stuff posted from his name. Plus, if he had been banned due to the mispostings of someone else, wouldn't he have registered under another name and kicked up a fuss? I miss LH
YouKnewThat!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
yeah ... he really badly wanted to be a mod - but with an attitude like his it was never gonna happen. Too many people hated him.
I'm new here, and so never really 'knew' LH. Why was he hated by some?
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by YouKnewThat!)
i don't think he was really hated
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
is it a temporary ban or a pernament one?
Vienna
Rep:
?
he wasnt hated, just didnt really provoke any kind of reaction. Mr.White was familiar to more people, liked or not, hence he relied on his post count to stop him from becoming a forum nobody.
YouKnewThat!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
i don't think he was really hated

I kind of picked up that some members thought of him as a 'little boy'- i.e. a little too big for his boots...

Not my opinion however, like I already said, I didn't know him.
Vienna
Rep:
?
I kind of picked up that some members thought of him as a 'little boy'- i.e. a little too big for his boots...

Not my opinion however, like I already said, I didn't know him.
i didnt have a problem with him. i just knew he was eager to be a mod.
as much as it has its perks, i think that effected him more than it does myself or Mr.White ,,
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
there wasn't anything wrong with him, he was kinda like the forum grandad
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads