Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, Forums are great to relax but this post because I've got no much choice... Asking around is not fun!!!!! Hope the Net will help me big time.

Over a year ago a friend taught me a great technique based on photographic memory. Now if you don't practice you loose the trick!!! I did not practice and I lost contact with the friend who thaught me that technqiue. He probably left the country.

I am now desperate to find someone who could give me a hand and sort myself out. The technique based on photographic memory is a star memorized (branch per branch) facing you and and rolling to you. Can you help me? So few people know that skill a stats of only 1/1000 person....Hell

i wish i knew. i can remember quite a bit of stuff long term, i.e phone numbers, names etc. short tho i forget loads. especially names

ReputationRep:
    i could help to boost your memory, but not by that much!

Chunking, association....

I think i understand the reasons why some have a photographic memory.... if you pm me, i could try and help you out as much as possible....

ReputationRep:
    Mines a bit photographic.. I can remember scenes and colours but not all little details like writing, it was enough for me to get through my History/Physics/Chemistry exams though (all those equations and facts ugggh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Mines a bit photographic.. I can remember scenes and colours but not all little details like writing, it was enough for me to get through my History/Physics/Chemistry exams though (all those equations and facts ugggh)
    its ok for some, lol!

here i was stuck with my chunking, and associating words to parts of my body!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bea7)
    Hi all, Forums are great to relax but this post because I've got no much choice... Asking around is not fun!!!!! Hope the Net will help me big time.

Over a year ago a friend taught me a great technique based on photographic memory. Now if you don't practice you loose the trick!!! I did not practice and I lost contact with the friend who thaught me that technqiue. He probably left the country.

I am now desperate to find someone who could give me a hand and sort myself out. The technique based on photographic memory is a star memorized facing you and and rolling to you. Can you help me? So few people know that skill a stats of only 1/1000 person....Hell
    Its not desirable to have a photographic memory - seriously.

Imagine having a box of photographs, now if you wanted to look for a particular one, it may take you ages.

Well photographic memory although not exactly like this, is somewhat like it, it can be hard to remember specific things over some time and there can be a crossover between data in the brain.

Mostly people whom have synasthesia will have it, I have mild p. memory, meaning its stronger on some days then others and when its not strong, its always a lucky day for me. :rolleyes: :bandit:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    its ok for some, lol!

here i was stuck with my chunking, and associating words to parts of my body!
    That must have been hard for biology :rofl: But yeah I do association and mnemonics and little rules etc too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    That must have been hard for biology :rofl: But yeah I do association and mnemonics and little rules etc too
    That all comes to me naturally

ReputationRep:
    I have a photographic memory to some extent. I never ever forget a name or a figure or a fact. If someone tells me something about themselves I always remember it permanently. I tend to remember stupid little things rather than important things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    I tend to remember stupid little things rather than important things!
    We all do that

ReputationRep:
    :eek: wish i had photographic memory :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    when i try, i can recite whole conversations (from maybe two years previous). sadly alcohol and being tired and anaemic a lot of the time has made my memory really go down hill. to keep your memory good i'd say an excellent tip is to keep your body healthy.

ReputationRep:
    a good and accurate memory isnt a photographic one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    a good and accurate memory isnt a photographic one.
    Exactly.

Imagine looking at a big jar of pennies for a few seconds, being able to go in the next room and then count exactly how much money is in the jar just from the mental image in your head.

There was a documentary on a week or so ago about a special kind of autism. There were only a few people in the world who suffer from it, but they had what could be described as real photographic memory.

They see numbers and words as colours and shapes, and some of the feats they were capable of were pretty mind blowing...

One feller could read two different pages of writing, one with each eye, at the same time! What's more is that it would take him a few seconds a page, then every single word on that page would be memorised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeLboY)
    One feller could read two different pages of writing, one with each eye, at the same time! What's more is that it would take him a few seconds a page, then every single word on that page would be memorised.
    Yeh thats Kim Peek, but I don't really believe in that. It seems a bit of an exaggeration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeLboY)
    One feller could read two different pages of writing, one with each eye, at the same time!
    i think being able to cross your eyes to win on Spot the Difference on quiz machines is a far more coveted ability.

ReputationRep:
    It can't have been that great a method - you've already forgot it.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.