Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ugh just started 6th Form at a grammar school and boy is it hard i feel like im just wasting my time i've gone from a good student at my old high school and now seem to be in the lower section.

now since i didint have any uni education what do i need how far would CCC C get me?
    the way i'm going on i think they wont let me back after Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Main Don)
    Ugh just started 6th Form at a grammar school and boy is it hard i feel like im just wasting my time i've gone from a good student at my old high school and now seem to be in the lower section.

now since i didint have any uni education what do i need how far would CCC C get me?
    A top 30 uni for some courses.

My mate's at Leicester (top 20) for English with CCD.

ReputationRep:
    How the heck did they pull that off. English is one of the most oversubscribed courses and requires the highest grades to get onto top 20 courses. Leicester is normally BBB at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    How the heck did they pull that off. English is one of the most oversubscribed courses and requires the highest grades to get onto top 20 courses. Leicester is normally BBB at least.
    jools and his family are cheaters and frauds - its people like them that have ruined the system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Main Don)

Don't be too disheartened I think alot of people find the step up to A-level tough. And don't think you're not doing as well because your in the lower section, maybe the students and your new school have a stronger work ethic than at your last school. You're at a grammar school now, the kids are gonna be that little bit smarter and they've probably learn't some of the stuff your doing now last year.

Don't think your wasting your time because when I started my a-levels I was pretty sure I would't do well until I got my AS results.

You have to step up and meet the challenge of the a-levels and put in the extra work to catch up and then keep up the effort to get the results you want.

As long as you put in the extra couple of hours at home, you'll see the improvements. And make sure you don't skip lessons as well, this is where people really start slipping up, I've seen so many smart people mess up like this.

Use your free periods properly don't always sit and chill out in the common room, go up to the library sometimes and do that private study your teachers are always on about.

One more thing, go and make sure you iron out the problems your having understanding stuff with your teachers. Sometimes we don't act to resolve problems and it's usually based on some simple concept that you will need time and time again in your subject. You have to sort out these problems.

I honestly think that anyone can get the grades if they work hard enough (yeah I know some have to work harder than others for the good grades). I learn't all this stuff the hard way, and I would have benefitted massively if I did this all this and continued to do it until my final yr 13 exams. I stopped doing what I should have in yr 13 and it meant me missing the grades to get into a top uni doing the course I really wanted. If I had someone tell me what Im now going through to go to uni I would have worked a thousand times harder.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much if things don't seem to be going well right now. This time last year I hated my a/s course and seriously didn't want to go back after Christmas. Even right up to results day, I thought that I'd failed, and then I ended up with AAAAB- so it's not always as bad as you think. Try talking to your teachers about the things you have most problems with, most of them will be happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Don't worry too much if things don't seem to be going well right now. This time last year I hated my a/s course and seriously didn't want to go back after Christmas. Even right up to results day, I thought that I'd failed, and then I ended up with AAAAB- so it's not always as bad as you think. Try talking to your teachers about the things you have most problems with, most of them will be happy to help.

4 As and a B !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! wooooooooooooo i did 4 As and jus got a B and Cs hehe
    do u think i can get AAB as my final Alevel result i know its lil hard but if i want to go to the uni i want then i hav to get that
    its hardddddddddd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahyolmu)
    4 As and a B !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! wooooooooooooo i did 4 As and jus got a B and Cs hehe
    do u think i can get AAB as my final Alevel result i know its lil hard but if i want to go to the uni i want then i hav to get that
    its hardddddddddd
    I'm sure you could do it. You'd have to revise your ass off, and ace pretty much all of the papers this year, but it's not impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    I'm sure you could do it. You'd have to revise your ass off, and ace pretty much all of the papers this year, but it's not impossible.

Hope so i m trying whatever i can, this year's xmas will be pretty knightmare!! hehe

ReputationRep:
    i go to a fairly average state sixth form college and my economics teacher is always going on about how hard people are made to work in grammar/private schools and thats why they get better grades (and of course there are less time wasters)

anyway, perhaps you do more work than u need to- as levels are piss, a2 is a littler harder then u will need to pull ur finger out...for as dont worry everyone does fine

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.