Turn on thread page Beta

Students who can't cook - you can order ready meals on the internet! Affordable watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    Supernoodles is all you ever need
    tesco value ones are 8p a packet!!!!!! you could feed yourself for a week for like £1!!!!!!!!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Supernoodles is all you ever need
    But they're so fattening!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    But they're so fattening!
    you would soon lose weight though if thats all you ever ate

ReputationRep:
    How?! Tons of calories + loads of fat per day --> weight loss? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    How?! Tons of calories + loads of fat per day --> weight loss? :confused:
    because you have no actual nutrition in your system so all you body can work on is fat

ReputationRep:
    Tesco Prawn Noodles are just orgasmic.

I just ate 2 chickens, feeling a bit ill

ReputationRep:
    Tesco Prawn Noodles are just orgasmic.

I just ate 2 chickens, feeling a bit ill
    how the hell did you manage to eat TWO chickens?

ReputationRep:
    You don't want to end up one of these people who reheats everything when they are older and feeds their kids junk

ReputationRep:
    simple learn to cook
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You can't be serious.

What are you going to do after uni?! Still keep buying ready meals? When you've got a gf, you'll impress her by making a ready meal?

Unis is the best time to learn, as it's not your kitchen that will get ruined. And everyone else is bad at cooking or trying weird combinations too.

Some ready meals take 10 mins to cook, which is the same as a bowl of pasta!

ReputationRep:
    get a life

ReputationRep:
    looks a bit expensive to me on that site, 1 meal was £14 lol. Hopefully i will learn to cook or i will have to eat ready meal rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    these websites are for people who are old, incontinent or have had their electric scooters stolen.

hahahaha one of those websites is!!

lol

no www.dining-made-easy.co.uk is luxury frozen food (which sounds totally gay) but it means very high quality food that is frozen in air (which is an expensive process)

supermarkets mass produce ready meals - the quality is rubbish.

I suppose these meals are equivalent to Tesco Finest or Sainsbury Taste the Difference?

Anway, I'll let you guys know if the quality is any good next week,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can't be serious.

What are you going to do after uni?! Still keep buying ready meals? When you've got a gf, you'll impress her by making a ready meal?

Unis is the best time to learn, as it's not your kitchen that will get ruined. And everyone else is bad at cooking or trying weird combinations too.

Some ready meals take 10 mins to cook, which is the same as a bowl of pasta!
    I eat at my gf when I stay at hers. She lives in chelsea (fairly close but I spend less than half my time there). I'm 23. I've been to uni. I'm doing a second degree.

I just have better things to do with my time. I eat out all the time (I can afford it now that I work). I spend £15+ a night on eating out. I don't care if I spend £6 a day on food if it is good food.

I went through uni eating halls food in 1st year (yuk) and being cooked for during other years. I just don't care for cooking.

I'm not bad at cooking. It's just boring. I get hungry, I eat. I get on with life. ... plus I want good food, not rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    What is so hard about making easy food?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I'm kinda indifferent towards this. What I do think, however, is that there should be some special websites set up for young university students with simple, cheap recipes to prepare. So that they can just print it off or whatever. However there's prolly something already online like that now, so knowing me it's already been done :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to steal my mum and pack her in my suitcase so I can get yummy meals!

ReputationRep:
    AT this moment I'm eating a Tesco FINEST Red Thai Curry with Rice. It is really nice.

I got it for £2, reduced from approx £4 at the Tesco next to Liverpool Street station (in the bit where they reduce stuff near to the "use-by" date).

I have now got a freezer. yay.

Last night I spend £11 on a pizza hut thing (medium pizza, potato wedges & garlic bread). It was nice but not great value really.

Seriously... these "luxury" ready meals are the way to go... (if you have a part time job/can afford it)

(but like another poster has said.. there is stuff you can make easily and cheaply ... like pasta. Check out www.thesite.org they normally have good advice for students and stuff)

..back to the Tesco Finest meal I am eating - it tastes like restaurant food. rEally. well worth the money

ReputationRep:
    Wouldnt live off of ready meals though, they are full of additives and preservatives. Im not wise on health but something tells me that's not a great idea. I know that sounds abit serious, but 3 years of unhealthy food may lead to high blood pressure, heart problems and obesity.

Cooking aint hard anyways! -Makes u feel all mature.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised nobody has pointed this out, but if you're staying in university halls then there's very little chance you will be allowed your own freezer in your room - most universities don't allow you to have your own large electrical items (fridges/freezers/microwaves etc) in your room because of the potential fire risk.

And surely, if you're spending a fiver a night on your evening meal, then thats £35 a week without even thinking of breakfast and lunch...you can't sustain that level of spending on a student budget.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2005
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.