The Student Room Group

Edexcel M2 - Jan 06

Hey...
I was wondering if I could sit M2 in Jan'06 if I start the syllabus on Sept-20...Assuming a I spend 4 hrs a week on M2? (My teacher doesn't come back from holiday until then...)
If not, is it possible for me to teach myself with the use of the Heinmann book? What I mean is ....is it self-explanatory?

If I had to sit one of M2, C3 , C4 in January...which you guys recommend? Keeping in mind my teacher doesn't come back for holidays until Sept-20....

Any feed-back would be very apprecaited!
Reply 1
I study Further Maths & I took M2 already in June 2005.
Last year, my teachers started teaching us M2 around Oct/Nov, & finished in Feb/March..so....

It is possible to self-study the Heinmann book, M2 is slightly more advanced than M1 & some concepts from M1 can be used in M2. (Moment, power & Energy etc.)
If u study Physics in GCSE, u probably learnt momentum~

U can evaluate it urself.
Reply 2
fisfos815
Hey...
I was wondering if I could sit M2 in Jan'06 if I start the syllabus on Sept-20...Assuming a I spend 4 hrs a week on M2? (My teacher doesn't come back from holiday until then...)
If not, is it possible for me to teach myself with the use of the Heinmann book? What I mean is ....is it self-explanatory?

If I had to sit one of M2, C3 , C4 in January...which you guys recommend? Keeping in mind my teacher doesn't come back for holidays until Sept-20....

Any feed-back would be very apprecaited!

I taught myself M3 this year, and shall probably teach myself M4 (inter alia) next year.

Be disciplined. Get the Heinemann text, and the accompanying revision text.

Work through all the examples and all the exercises. Post on here the parts you get really stuck on.

Then get all the past papers you can lay your hands on, and work them all, timed.

...then the exam will seem like a breeze!

Aitch
Reply 3
Aitch
I taught myself M3 this year, and shall probably teach myself M4 (inter alia) next year.

Be disciplined. Get the Heinemann text, and the accompanying revision text.

Work through all the examples and all the exercises. Post on here the parts you get really stuck on.

Then get all the past papers you can lay your hands on, and work them all, timed.

...then the exam will seem like a breeze!

Aitch

i personally wouldn't do all of them - its a waste of time...do a few in the beginning, middle and end of the exercise...that is usually the best strategy,

pk
Reply 4
..but if you do them all then you're prepared for more or less anything they can throw at you.
Reply 5
distortedgav
..but if you do them all then you're prepared for more or less anything they can throw at you.

true, but you got to have the motivation to do all of them:biggrin:- which some of us dont have
Reply 6
Thank you guys! I really apprecaite your help! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I did m1 and m2 in january 2005 got decent marks. I had already started studying c3 by the time of the exam.

Latest