Turn on thread page Beta

If the opposite sex never pays you attention.. watch

ReputationRep:
    Does that mean your unattractive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    Nopers.

Well anyway how do you mean? Do girls never look at you in that way? Or do girls never show any obvious interest in you?

And anyway they probably do but you dont notice :p:

ReputationRep:
    Um, it depends...there are certain factors. You could be unattractive, but even unattractive guys pull occasionaly. It could be a number of things...

Maybe you're too shy, or to the contrary, maybe you are too forward, clingy, intimidating.

Maybe you have lots of mates who are girls, and come across as gay.

Maybe you are really annoying and irritating.

Maybe you have smelly breath.

Maybe you are really thick...

I could go on.

But maybe you just haven't met the right girl yet, probably you haven't put enough effort in (because it does take effort, unless you look like Jude Law. In which case, can I have your number?! :p: )

Just relax, be yourself, see what happens. And get out there and get looking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Nopers.

Well anyway how do you mean? Do girls never look at you in that way? Or do girls never show any obvious interest in you?

I mean when you meet a group of people (like your first day at uni) and the opposite sex are constantly looking at and chatting to your friend and ignoring you.

Also can anyone analyse this? there was me, my mate and a girl (my mates friend) sat at the table in the union bar and I spoke and the girl answered, looked at me for a few secs, then turned to my mate and said ' Im not sure whether to meet that guy tonight im not sure how to get there'.

Does this mean she judged me? cause i thought must have reminded her of her date for her to say that straight after. Theres no way of knowing what she thought.

I like analysing insignificant situations

ReputationRep:
    give her time to see what a great person you are....

ReputationRep:
    I mean when you meet a group of people (like your first day at uni) and the opposite sex are constantly looking at and chatting to your friend and ignoring you.

Also can anyone analyse this? there was me, my mate and a girl (my mates friend) sat at the table in the union bar and I spoke and the girl answered, looked at me for a few secs, then turned to my mate and said ' Im not sure whether to meet that guy tonight im not sure how to get there'.

Does this mean she judged me? cause i thought must have reminded her of her date for her to say that straight after. Theres no way of knowing what she thought.

I like analysing insignificant situations
    Aaaah right. Well, not everybody in the whole world is going to be attracted to you. And sometimes if people are then they dont show it. People are different. But it definately doesnt mean you are unattractive. I bet people have shown you attention in the past anyway.

And with that girl I reckon that she must have thought you were attractive. Because presumably she finds the bloke she was going to date attractive so she looked at you (attractive bloke 1) and then thought of her date and made a link to attractive bloke 2!!

Thats my theory anyway

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you reminded her of an ex-stalker

ReputationRep:
    Um, it kinda sounds like she wasn't listening to you to be honest, mate. But that's only one girl, like I say, just put yourself out there more. Also, maybe your mate is really, really good looking. In which case you're always going to be blanked aren't you? Try ditching him for a bit. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Aaaah right. Well, not everybody in the whole world is going to be attracted to you. And sometimes if people are then they dont show it. People are different. But it definately doesnt mean you are unattractive. I bet people have shown you attention in the past anyway.

And with that girl I reckon that she must have thought you were attractive. Because presumably she finds the bloke she was going to date attractive so she looked at you (attractive bloke 1) and then thought of her date and made a link to attractive bloke 2!!

Thats my theory anyway
    oh thanks but i thought she looked at me, then decided she wouldnt see the guy that night because he might look like me :eek: I like your theory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Um, it kinda sounds like she wasn't listening to you to be honest, mate. But that's only one girl, like I say, just put yourself out there more. Also, maybe your mate is really, really good looking. In which case you're always going to be blanked aren't you? Try ditching him for a bit. :p:
    My mate was living in the same flat as her and shed only just met me (who lives at home :rolleyes: ) She must have been judging me for her to be reminded of that nights date! Just not sure what her conclusion was :confused:

ReputationRep:
    oh thanks but i thought she looked at me, then decided she wouldnt see the guy that night because he might look like me :eek: I like your theory
    Hehe, yeh stick with my theory. Your theory is....pessemistic. That wont do :p:

Anyway, Ive seen your pic on the picture thread. If I thought a guy would look like you then I would definately go on that date....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Hehe, yeh stick with my theory. Your theory is....pessemistic. That wont do :p:

Anyway, Ive seen your pic on the picture thread. If I thought a guy would look like you then I would definately go on that date....
    Hey i love you! wish i got comments like that all the time :p: I had a few gf's in high school and got called cute but ever since college ive not had much attention from girls. They always went for the muscly shaven head dudes

ReputationRep:
    Hey i love you! wish i got comments like that all the time :p: I had a few gf's in high school and got called cute but ever since college ive not had much attention from girls. They always went for the muscly shaven head dudes
    Hehe, awww :love:

You are lovely though. I was never into the shaven head, muscly thing....its just not nice! Aaaah well their loss And I'm sure you'll get you fair share soon, dont worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Hehe, awww :love:

You are lovely though. I was never into the shaven head, muscly thing....its just not nice! Aaaah well their loss And I'm sure you'll get you fair share soon, dont worry
    :top: I hope so im owed quite a few girls :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Nopers.

What does 'the look' look like anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I just have to get used to it.

Not that I don't have friends of the opposite sex - I do - but that's different...

ReputationRep:
    Start working out. problem solved. if girls can go on a diet and stick to it then you can start body building

ReputationRep:

Gals cud easily notice u but they may be too shy to say anything or maybe jus waiting for u to make the first move

they do notice u, u just dnt notice them,noticing u.....lol!

and no it doesnt mean ur unattractive!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he should post a pic so the girls can decide whether he is a minger or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    Maybe he should post a pic so the girls can decide whether he is a minger or not.
    for once you make a good suggestion!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.