Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you all think about the complete privatisation of Universities?

Sire, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that this has been a big issue in Australia.

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)

Sire, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that this has been a big issue in Australia.

Any thoughts?
    The costs would be extortionate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)

Any thoughts?
    Hell YES. It is that prick of a prime minister we have at the moment. We have something called HECS over here. Basically this is Government funding for your degree and you only pay it off when you get a job that pays $43,000 per annum or more. Thus allowing your average 40yr old mother, who works at the local cafe to get a better life basically. However, our beloved little prick of a prime minister doesn't like this idea. What many people miss though is the hint he made in a few speeches prior to his re-election about gradually reducing Australia to a labour class. So that any who could afford privatised Tertiary Education would be kind of like a well off family in Victorian times. Just that extra cut above the rest, and also fewer of them etc etc. With any luck it won't go through. First off the ranks is the legislation that uni students will have to pay 30% of their HECS each year, yet it will lead to full privatisation. Pathetic really. Sorry to rant and not make much sense on this one people, but I'm kinda tired, and I really hate little John Howard.

ReputationRep:
    I'll have to get back to you all on this one, time to get some sleep, night.

ReputationRep:
    Private universities, that's insane, utterly criminal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Hell YES. It is that prick of a prime minister we have at the moment. We have something called HECS over here. Basically this is Government funding for your degree and you only pay it off when you get a job that pays $43,000 per annum or more. Thus allowing your average 40yr old mother, who works at the local cafe to get a better life basically. However, our beloved little prick of a prime minister doesn't like this idea. What many people miss though is the hint he made in a few speeches prior to his re-election about gradually reducing Australia to a labour class. So that any who could afford privatised Tertiary Education would be kind of like a well off family in Victorian times. Just that extra cut above the rest, and also fewer of them etc etc. With any luck it won't go through. First off the ranks is the legislation that uni students will have to pay 30% of their HECS each year, yet it will lead to full privatisation. Pathetic really. Sorry to rant and not make much sense on this one people, but I'm kinda tired, and I really hate little John Howard.
    John Howard, i salute you. A fine country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I really hate little John Howard.
    Plus he was bare grumpy in the Rugby World Cup

ReputationRep:
    Privatisation does not work. I hate greedy share holders!!!!! arghhhh!!

ReputationRep:
    yes, companies shouldnt be let near the education system at all, because at the end of the day all they want is money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    John Howard, i salute you. A fine country.
    vienna95, the country is moving backwards, not forwards under his leadership. If you must salute him, do it like von Ribbentrop in regard to King GeorgeVI prior to WW2. Gave the NAZI salute and nearly took his head off. Just aim a little better with Howard.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.