Turn on thread page Beta

one hundred People Who Are Screwing Up America watch

ReputationRep:
    Now that would be an interesting conspiracy theory.

ReputationRep:
    the more you are of something the more restricted you feel about who you are, the less you are of something the more you feel you want to be part of that something

eg. irish americans are probably more patriotic about ireland than irish natives are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    How does being a jew and at the same time being anti-semitic work? Is it some sort of masochism?
    It works in the same way that you can be both homophobic and a homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Anyone who finds conspiracies involving Jews and the American government where no evidence exists deserves the label of anti-Semite and anti-American.
    Easiest way to spot an anti-Semite: when a person equates Jews with Israelis.
    I have plenty of problems with Chomsky's arguments and views but I think it's pretty silly to try and tar his name with antisemitism or the disgusting "anti-American" label.

ReputationRep:
    The funny thing is that the Republicans control both the executive branch and the legislative branch of our federal government and none of them (other than McCain) made the list.

You would think that if a country is being destroyed then its most powerful leaders might have a slight hand in it. Just shows the mentality of the fringe.

(Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Does the fact that these 100 people are able to "screw up" America not lead you to wonder why those you support aren't strong enough to "stop" them?
    They (the 100 people) have the power of the press, the power of television, all we have, is the power of talk radio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Douglas)
    They (the 100 people) have the power of the press, the power of television, all we have, is the power of talk radio.
    You mean Reid, McCain, and Clinton get more air time than Bush?

(Original post by Alexdel)
    Name some then..
    I think he named Noam Chomsky .

(Original post by esx77)
    the more you are of something the more restricted you feel about who you are, the less you are of something the more you feel you want to be part of that something

eg. irish americans are probably more patriotic about ireland than irish natives are
    Wanna bet?

ReputationRep:
    We being whom?

(Original post by Chrism)
    It works in the same way that you can be both homophobic and a homosexual.
    Some of my best friends are homophobic homosexuals.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you who you are.

You mean Reid, McCain, and Clinton get more air time than Bush?
    Guantanamo, abu-ghraib and our nazi military get more air time than the above 4.

ReputationRep:
    Guantanamo, abu-ghraib and our nazi military get more air time than the above 4.
    Really? I doubt I've heard more than 10 minutes about any of those stories in the last week, while I saw Bush for at least an hour.

(Original post by PadFoot90)
    We being whom?
    "we" being me and the frog in my pocket.

ReputationRep:
    Did I miss something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Did I miss something?
    No, Douglas just doesnt get out of the cave much.

Really? I doubt I've heard more than 10 minutes about any of those stories in the last week, while I saw Bush for at least an hour.
    The last week??? How about the last year??

ReputationRep:
    The last week??? How about the last year??
    And how often did we have to look at Bush's face during that period? Fox makes sure to show his smug face at least once a day.

ReputationRep:
    Just because Rush Limbaugh *****es about it all week, doesnt make it true!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.