Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Jesus col for Bio Natsci, had my interview last thurs. Did any of you guys studying Natsci now feel confident as you came out your interviews? My first went really well but the one with the admissions tutor seemed to go terribly. I hardly got any answers right straight off and only after prompting did I finally get them! I just felt really stupid. It wasn't like I'd expected either - I was expecting all these big discussions on heated topics and it wasn't like that at all - it was all A-level specific Chemistry. Oh dear, I couldn't help thinking when I walked out the college that it would be the last time I ever saw it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    I've applied to Jesus col for Bio Natsci, had my interview last thurs. Did any of you guys studying Natsci now feel confident as you came out your interviews? My first went really well but the one with the admissions tutor seemed to go terribly. I hardly got any answers right straight off and only after prompting did I finally get them! I just felt really stupid. It wasn't like I'd expected either - I was expecting all these big discussions on heated topics and it wasn't like that at all - it was all A-level specific Chemistry. Oh dear, I couldn't help thinking when I walked out the college that it would be the last time I ever saw it.
    good. its losers like you who underestimate dedication and planning that deserve to be weeded out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggsy_123)
    good. its losers like you who underestimate dedication and planning that deserve to be weeded out.

Jesus college thats gotta be sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    Jesus college thats gotta be sad
    exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggsy_123)
    exactly.
    Well if there are people like you there then maybe it's best if they do reject me, then we'd both be happy. There was no need to be rude was there? I was just asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)

Don't worry about it! I thought my interview was mediocre - I knew that if you came out feeling REALLY dumb it could be a good sign because they test you if they like you, and obviously if you feel it went well it could be a good sign - so I figured mediocre meant I was out. One year later and I've just finished my first term at Cambridge. So you really can never know - best to try and put it out of your mind! (Easy to say and difficult to do, I know.)

Oh, and Jesus is a good college! Excellent choir and nice people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Don't worry about it! I thought my interview was mediocre - I knew that if you came out feeling REALLY dumb it could be a good sign because they test you if they like you, and obviously if you feel it went well it could be a good sign - so I figured mediocre meant I was out. One year later and I've just finished my first term at Cambridge. So you really can never know - best to try and put it out of your mind! (Easy to say and difficult to do, I know.)

Oh, and Jesus is a good college! Excellent choir and nice people

Thanks That's made me feel better! I suppose there's no point in worrying about it, can't change anything now! Glad you think Jesus is ok, I was getting worried with the people before saying it was lame! Which college are you at?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Jesus is really nice. I only know a couple of people from there, but it seems quite cool, and when I was deciding which college to go for, it was one of my favourites (though I settled on Clare in the end ). Fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    Thanks That's made me feel better! I suppose there's no point in worrying about it, can't change anything now! Glad you think Jesus is ok, I was getting worried with the people before saying it was lame! Which college are you at?

Sidney Sussex - next door! We don't have a gatehouse quite as impressive as Jesus' (though we do have a portcullis)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    Well if there are people like you there then maybe it's best if they do reject me, then we'd both be happy. There was no need to be rude was there? I was just asking.

I'm sorry for the rude comment earlier, i know there was no need to talk like that, who knows why they rejected you anyway, maybe it was meant to hapen maybe theres somethin better for you out there

ReputationRep:
    She hasn't been rejected!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry for the rude comment earlier, i know there was no need to talk like that, who knows why they rejected you anyway, maybe it was meant to hapen maybe theres somethin better for you out there
    No worries, haevn't had a rejection (yet!), was just speaking hypothetically. Are you at Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yeah, Jesus is really nice. I only know a couple of people from there, but it seems quite cool, and when I was deciding which college to go for, it was one of my favourites (though I settled on Clare in the end ). Fingers crossed for you!
    Clare looks lovely, though quite oversubscribed so thought I'd better go for Jesus to increase my chances!! My friend applied to Clare for Arabica nd Russian or something (she's mad! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    No worries, haevn't had a rejection (yet!), was just speaking hypothetically. Are you at Cambridge?

phew!!! lol all the best anyway, no way am i at cambridge, i'm doin a levels lol would love to go though

ReputationRep:
    Sidney Sussex - next door! We don't have a gatehouse quite as impressive as Jesus' (though we do have a portcullis)
    Ah yeh, I saw that one, it;s really pretty! They had a sign up saying all interviews will be in Latin which mad eme giggle, hehe. My best friend's at a history intervie wthere now! Be cool if we both got in, then we'd be close together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    Ah yeh, I saw that one, it;s really pretty! They had a sign up saying all interviews will be in Latin which mad eme giggle, hehe. My best friend's at a history intervie wthere now! Be cool if we both got in, then we'd be close together!

I have my bio natsci interview tommorow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)

What is bio natsci anyway?

ReputationRep:
    What is bio natsci anyway?

Biological natural sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Good luck!! Is that at... Johns? (apologies if not, I know how offended you could be by the guess)

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!! Is that at... Johns? (apologies if not, I know how offended you could be by the guess)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.