Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    No, at emmanuel. My sister is going to Johns, though.

Good luck m'dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Good luck m'dear

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    I have my bio natsci interview tommorow.
    Good Luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Did you say it's at Emma? Watch out for the ducks! hehe xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    I've applied to Jesus col for Bio Natsci, had my interview last thurs. Did any of you guys studying Natsci now feel confident as you came out your interviews? My first went really well but the one with the admissions tutor seemed to go terribly. I hardly got any answers right straight off and only after prompting did I finally get them! I just felt really stupid. It wasn't like I'd expected either - I was expecting all these big discussions on heated topics and it wasn't like that at all - it was all A-level specific Chemistry. Oh dear, I couldn't help thinking when I walked out the college that it would be the last time I ever saw it.
    Well, I applied for physicall nat science, and I was allocated to Sidney collage, but I messed up some parts of my interview as well. Also, they say its not always bad when they prompt you, and at least they say they do not really care if you are stuffed with knowledge or not (They are going to learn you that anyways, and if you meet the offer they know you know most of the syllabus) they test your potential. If you had no idea of the answers to teh questions, but managed to get it right after some prompting I guess it could show that you have a potential for learning. At least thats what Im hoping for considdering my interview. Also, lots of the students which are now at cambridge say they were convinced they would never make it after the interview. Personally the interviews were more of a positive surprise as my father made me think they would be closer to a gestapo interogation.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.