The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
:rofl: @ chemist boy
Reply 21
Thanks, fellows. It seems Canadians have such remarkable distinction. But how come many Americans describe Canadians as "boring" people? When I watch American shows on T.V., Canadians are always the subject of much ridicule. I think it's unfair. Americans (who behave so) should give due respect to their neighbors.
I've recently come back from a holiday in New York and I found that everyone there is absolutely lovely! Couldn't of been more helpful!
Colossus
Just wondering. Which among the countries that you visited or heard of has that reputation of being the friendliest and most accommodating people?

Northen Spain, although north and east Italy too.
Reply 24
Turkey. friendliest ever..the aegean folk are anyway...
Definitely the Irish, unless you mention abortion or insult their mothers
Reply 26
ive been to germany a fair few times. Theyve always been really hospitable and likeable
Reply 27
Indians, imo, definitely.
India or Poland in my experience.
Wales
Reply 30
Probably any nation one has come to appreciate.
There's no such thing as a hospitable and friendly country. It depends on which country you're from yourself and especially your personality

Canada has always seemed friendly to me but the close relationship with Britain explains that.

What's more, what people consider friendly is totally different: some people think that strangers starting a conversation is friendly, whereas some people think that's awful. Some people think that friendly means smiling, others will say it's close contact...

And is it really being friendly if someone's all nice and smiley with you but doesn't really care and will forget about you the next day or someone who appears cold but whose trust you gain progressively?
Everdawn
Personally, Egyptians.

:rofl:
Reply 33
Indian and Pakistani folk always seem extremely cheery in company. But I've never been their countries.
Reply 34
scotland :smile:
Reply 35
bajan's.. so laid back.. will acknowledge you in the street like they know you.. unlike in britain where if you do this men will think your quier..
I don't think Turkey is a friendly place (lol I'm greek cypriot) :biggrin:
I am surprised n one has mentioned the Japanese as their entire culture is based on honour so everyone will always be nice to you as not to bring dishonour on themselves.
Reply 38
The Brazilians, they are so erotic.
Reply 39
^ sum1 had to take it too far :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending