Turn on thread page Beta

Which country has the most hospitable and friendly people? watch

ReputationRep:
    i think arabs in general, and canadains

ReputationRep:
    I've more or less travelled the world and I can say that the friendliest/most hospital people I've ever come across are Thai people.

ReputationRep:
    Americans, i was lost in my own country and an american helped me find where i needed to go.

ReputationRep:
    the irish of course, or maybe the french or italiens.

ReputationRep:
    the it-aliens they something to do with E.T?

ReputationRep:
    canadians are always friendly to everyone. great country.

ReputationRep:
    the it-aliens they something to do with E.T?
    id love to dignify that joke with an awkward silence, but im compelled to tell you that your comedy is absolutely piss-poor!

ReputationRep:
    Tanzanania

ReputationRep:
    im sorry Herleif Arkadios that im not up to your standard of comedy genius yet..tho looking at your recent replies looks like your obviously pretty crap too

ReputationRep:
    the Dutch

ReputationRep:
    i personally love the welsh (luckily im going to a welsh university)

but the best people definatly have to be the AUSTRIANS! they are so friendly and nice to me, even complete strangers are. and in the hotel i go to every year the staff are always happy to see my family and give us welcome back gifts! lol

oh and the dutch too, ive only met a few but from what ive seen they are nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    id love to dignify that joke with an awkward silence, but im compelled to tell you that your comedy is absolutely piss-poor!
    :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juueru_chou)
    I am surprised n one has mentioned the Japanese as their entire culture is based on honour so everyone will always be nice to you as not to bring dishonour on themselves.
    I was hoping they honour other people to make the other people happy and not just to make themselves be honourable.

ReputationRep:
    From my experience:

Indian people are really nice - they're really gentle and show great hospitality. I haven't been to India, but my mum has.

I'd also say the French... :eek: They can appear arrogant on the surface, but to be honest they're just very proud people. But really they are very friendly and welcoming if you get to know them.

New Yorkers IMO are very friendly people, definitely the friendliest and most liberal minded of all Americans.

And Scousers as well... And people in South Wales.

ReputationRep:
    Yep - one more for the French in my experience. Fantastic for them to put up a total stranger in their house from England and giving the key to their gaff for the weekend and saying I can come in whenever I want! Can't really beat that for hospitality...

ReputationRep:
    I've never met a really horrible German whenever I've been there, but eberyone in Disneyland this week was evil!

ReputationRep:
    Well, the French always think the English are German, which annoys me. (No offence to Germans here). Plus, the French are very patronising that they are always better at our language, than we at their's.

The Italians are generally quite friendly, and charming, but there are the stereotypical grumpy, brooding and good looking Italians who are up their own arses, and go around with really tight t-shirts on thinking they're all that.

I can't be bothered going into all other nationalities...but overall, Austrians were the friendliest people I met. They were all really nice and sweet, and I I didn't meet one rude Austrian. Whereas in other countries, there is always one rude *******, who tries to ruin your day.

I'm going to America in the summer, and I think that they'll be quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    the portuguese!

ReputationRep:
    FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the french people! Vive le Napolean!!!!!

*Does a little dance*

ReputationRep:
    Us, without a doubt, but we're getting worse. I've heard the Canadians are nice though. Love to go there one day.

It's definatley not the Chinese, I serve mnay of them where I work, they see purchasing their goods as a battle between them and the shop. THey do not say hello or thankyou and its bloody exasperating. But then, they arent being malicious, its just cultural I suppose. Russians arent either come to think of it. Or the French of course.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.