ReputationRep:
    who is next on the USA hitlist

iran
    syria
    china
    n,korea

???

ReputationRep:
    I really doubt China, theyre trying to modernise and are more State Capitolist than Communist now. Plus they have too large an army, too large and too difficult a country to take over.

ReputationRep:
    I think Syria is the most likely country to be invaded for the simple fact that the USA couldn't successfully invade and hold the other countries.

ReputationRep:
    China or North Korea? No chance.

They will only attack countries which can't fight back; attacking either of those will bring millions upon millions of casualties and nukes.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly - And even though Iran doesn't have nukes, it has the 2nd most powerful army in the middle east and would cost the US too many lives.

ReputationRep:
    China will probably deal with itself.

If the Iraqi economy catches off, the US won't need to deal with the other Middle-Eastern countries.

ReputationRep:
    america will invade any country israel wants invaded for its own selfish reasons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    america will invade any country israel wants invaded for its own selfish reasons
    If you do something on the behalf of someone else, why is it selfish?

ReputationRep:
    If you do something on the behalf of someone else, why is it selfish?
    I think that 'its' referred to 'israel'.

ReputationRep:
    How about no-one. The US has enough trouble on their plate with Iraq, they won't try to get more condemnation from the rest of the world by invading another country. Anyone who says that they will clearly has no idea of the current situation in the Middle East.

ReputationRep:
    i think he means that all israel cares about is herself and uses the USA to do her dirty work.

Although in reality the whole reason the middle east is such a mess is because of america failiure to ensure israel behaves herself.

at least when russia as a power the US had to behave herself

ReputationRep:
    Heh, that didn't stop them after Afghanistan.

Look where it is now, the government has no real power outside the capital; shame nobody cares anymore.

ReputationRep:
    If that's the case, I would be interested for you to explain how it is that Israel manipulates the US into doing its "dirty work", I'd also like to hear a couple of examples of actions carried out by the USA which have been beneficial to Israel alone.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.worldpolicy.org/projects/...ael050602.html

One quote:
    The U.S. also gives Israel weapons and ammunition as part of the Excess Defense Articles (EDA) program, providing these articles completely free of charge. Between 1994-2001 the U.S. provided many weapons through this program, including:

64,744 M-16A1 rifles
    2,469 M-204 grenade launchers
    1,500 M-2 .50 caliber machine guns
    .30 caliber, .50 caliber, and 20mm ammunition
    Not the USA attacking somewhere for Israel, just giving them huge amounts of help with killing Palestinians.

ReputationRep:
    In my honest opinion, I think that it'll be no one for a long time, but ultimately it's Saudi Arabia who are the real target. Although no one (except, of course Bush and senior US officials) will ever really know why the US went to war with Iraq, I think that part of the motivation was creating a democratic state which would set and exemplary example in the Middle East, and therefore to spread 'progessive' values through the East, which would threaten SA.

ReputationRep:
    probably Iran, if Iran doesnt stop their nuclear programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bashment)
    Although in reality the whole reason the middle east is such a mess is because of america failiure to ensure israel behaves herself.
    Obviously the repeated attempts over the past half century by neighbouring countries to invade Israel have absolutely nothing to do with it... :rolleyes:

The situation isn't a black and white 'Israel bad, Arab states good' situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    http://www.worldpolicy.org/projects/...ael050602.html

Not the USA attacking somewhere for Israel, just giving them huge amounts of help with killing Palestinians.
    I've no idea what part of that answers my questions, assuming it was directed at me.

ReputationRep:
    If that's the case, I would be interested for you to explain how it is that Israel manipulates the US into doing its "dirty work", I'd also like to hear a couple of examples of actions carried out by the USA which have been beneficial to Israel alone.
    you sound like you disblieve me ?? if that is the case please explain how israel can sell and assist china with there military build up while any other country in the world that threatens to sell a rifle to china faces military sanctions from america !!.

its due to the lobbies the pro israel/jewish lobbies are very well organised, well funded and are a major factor in american foreign policy !!.

probably Iran, if Iran doesnt stop their nuclear programme
    but then surely if israel can have nuclear weapons so can iran ??

Obviously the repeated attempts over the past half century by neighbouring countries to invade Israel have absolutely nothing to do with it...

The situation isn't a black and white 'Israel bad, Arab states good' situation.
    the truth is the jews took advantage of the palestinians !!!

ReputationRep:
    you sound like you disblieve me ?? if that is the case please explain how israel can sell and assist china with there military build up while any other country in the world that threatens to sell a rifle to china faces military sanctions from america !!.
    If Israel was "assisting china with there[sic] military build up", I fail to see how that means the US Government is bieng wielded by Israel as some sort of tool. France, Russia and Britain have all recently sold military technology to the Chinese, yet no sign of sanctions placed upon them. Israelis, on the other hand, have sold physical hardware, and as a result had sanctions placed upon it by the US less than a year ago.

I'd have to ask someone else about this because I'm not certain, but I don't think the US cared much for Israel until 20 years ago, when it became in the best interests of the US. I wonder where thes "well organised, well funded" lobbies that secretly run the US were in any number of wars Israel fought more than two decades ago.

If you think the recent US invasions in the middle east were ordered by Israel, what are their objectives?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.