Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I found this article very interesting. North Korea may be scratched off the list if they become a free country, which may be soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    I found this article very interesting. North Korea may be scratched off the list if they become a free country, which may be soon.
    It's actually quite interesting that the countries with nukes seem to be getting more 'democratic' yet those with no nukes and plenty of oil are beyond redemption and invasion is needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    It's actually quite interesting that the countries with nukes seem to be getting more 'democratic' yet those with no nukes and plenty of oil are beyond redemption and invasion is needed.
    Well, I wouldn't have expected the likes of you to read something before spouting your usual ill-thought out, cliché, prejudiced bile pulled straight from that the bible of Boredomity you mistakenly believe to be a brain, but it's not so much "democratic", more grassroots movements from people who have been violently subdued for sixty years, banned from owning private property, starting up businesses - still a crime worthy of death in the decaying communist relic they're starving under.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    Well, I wouldn't have expected the likes of you to read something before spouting your usual ill-thought out, cliché, prejudiced bile pulled straight from that the bible of Boredomity you mistakenly believe to be a brain, but it's not so much "democratic", more grassroots movements from people who have been violently subdued for sixty years, banned from owning private property, starting up businesses - still a crime worthy of death in the decaying communist relic they're starving under.
    So no answer then to the actual quote...then again I wouldn't have expected the likes of you to read something before spouting your usual ill-thought out, cliché, prejudiced bile pulled straight from that the bible of Boredomity.

Actually the whole reply was a ball full of words with no full stops..very hard to understand what your message was.

ReputationRep:
    So no answer then...
    No answer to what? You didn't ask a question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    No answer to what? You didn't ask a question.
    I guessed you were going to say that...hence I expanded..

ReputationRep:
    It's because countries with oil do not have to rely on their people for government revenues. In fact, they can bribe their people into accepting tyranical rule. In dictatorships without oil, the governments have no choice but to seek legitimacy from their people through other means, the best of which is increasing prosperity. That is why China has become more capitalist, while Saudi Arabia retains its protectionist economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    It's because countries with oil do not have to rely on their people for government revenues. In fact, they can bribe their people into accepting tyranical rule. In dictatorships without oil, the governments have no choice but to seek legitimacy from their people through other means, the best of which is increasing prosperity. That is why China has become more capitalist, while Saudi Arabia retains its protectionist economy.
    Good argument...yet it still doesnt answer the difference when it comes to the possession of nukes.

ReputationRep:
    Good arguement...yet it still doesnt answer the difference when it comes to the possession of nukes.
    It just so happens that countries that have nukes don't have oil (except for Russia, and I think we can agree that Russia is not becoming more democratic). And to suggest that North Korea is becoming more democratic is ridiculous. The government is simply losing its authority over the people. You confuse anarchy with democracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    It just so happens that countries that have nukes don't have oil. And to suggest that North Korea is becoming more democratic is ridiculous. The government is simply losing its authority over the people. You confuse anarchy with democracy.
    I'm not the one suggesting North Korea is becoming democratic..hence the ' '...JonD was making the point that it was and I was replying to that point.

ReputationRep:
    then to the actual quote...
    What actual quote? If you mean the original thread, then I've already commented.
    then again I wouldn't have expected the likes of you to read something before spouting your usual ill-thought out, cliché, prejudiced bile pulled straight from that the bible of Boredomity.
    Get back on me shoulder, arr!

Actually the whole reply was a ball full of words with no full stops..very hard to understand what your message was.
    < Then if you want more full stops, let me put it into a list for you:

The article does not claim North Korea becoming a more democratic state.
    The article claims North Korean peasants are defying the state for survival.
    These peasants are resorting to private enterprise to feed themselves.
    If the peasants dare do this, maybe they will dare remove their dictator in the future.
    If they had a reason to remove their dictator, it would because they think their new capitalist ways. are better than self-destructive marxism.
    Democracy usually comes not long after capitalism.
    Therefore, North Korea could become a free country soon.

A few more for your pleasure.................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    america will invade any country israel wants invaded for its own selfish reasons
    Any chance you might back this up with evidence?

No?

Ok .. thoguht not - but wanted to check anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bashment)
    Although in reality the whole reason the middle east is such a mess is because of america failiure to ensure israel behaves herself.
    This is such a common comment ... and one that simply isnt true.

Id be the first to condemn much of what Israel has done over the years - I think even from the point of view of the Israeli people, its done more harm than good. Sure - protect your country - but annex land? Very counter-productive.

So are some of the issues in the Middle east due to Israel? Yes

Are they all?

not even close

Bad governnance, corruption, extremeism and dictatorships or theocracies are certainly part of the mix

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.