Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It has Surrey blonde mother status. An AMG (Or any) Merc Saloon has about 350x the status

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    It has Surrey blonde mother status. An AMG (Or any) Merc Saloon has about 350x the status
    :rofl: an ML does not only have surrey blonde mother status, it is popular with business types in the City as well

ReputationRep:
    Really? Last time I saw a ML in a city it was getting the horn from about every other vehicle. A 5 seater, 15 MPG vehicle has no place in the city

ReputationRep:
    Really? Last time I saw a ML in a city it was getting the horn from about every other vehicle. A 5 seater, 15 MPG vehicle has no place in the city
    that is not true at all, this is just typical Merc/BMW hate :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Its SUV hate. SUV's in general are pretty useless vehicles. They're intended for US markets, and the US gets the piss taken out of it because of that

Even if I didn't like BMW's or Merc's do you honestly think a 15MPG 5 seater, huge car is practical or usefull in the city/suburbs

ReputationRep:
    Some people have large families, so are you saying you like BMW and Merc Sedans?w

ReputationRep:
    I drive my dads 02 Honda Civic (not a Type R!) It's annoying though as since i've passed i've put 2 small scrapes on the coloured bumpers.. if it was mine I wouldn't care one bit, and my dad doesnt care at all, but I still feel really guilty :P

ReputationRep:
    No im saying that an SUV is pointless because 5 seater saloons do the same job and don't waste petrol

ReputationRep:
    The Mercedes ML was the most unreliable car made in its time(according to topgear). It also looks very dated now, and its nothing but a badge. Same goes for the A class.
    I hate people that drive 4x4s when they live in the middle of a town. Whats the point?

I drive a 2001 VW Golf 1.8T. Its due for a change, but since my parents pay for it, its up to them. I wanted to take my dads A3 3.2 Quattro since he is getting a the new Merc CL, but he said no since its only 8 months old. Suppose it was worth a shot anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I drive a 2001 VW Golf 1.8T. Its due for a change, but since my parents pay for it, its up to them. I wanted to take my dads A3 3.2 Quattro since he is getting a the new Merc CL, but he said no since its only 8 months old. Suppose it was worth a shot anyway.
    boy you are rich, i can only afford the old clio model...

ReputationRep:
    No im saying that an SUV is pointless because 5 seater saloons do the same job and don't waste petrol
    I don't like the ML much myself but it does have its uses. And if people want to pay extra to have one, why stop them?

ReputationRep:
    Im not stopping them. If they want an unreliable and uneconomic car thats huge over a sporty saloon....its there problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    boy you are rich, i can only afford the old clio model...
    No, I'm poor. I could never afford to buy and run my car without saving every penny I earn.
    My parents are doing well for themselves, and so can afford to give me nice things too.

ReputationRep:
    Im not stopping them. If they want an unreliable and uneconomic car thats huge over a sporty saloon....its there problem.
    so you would get an M3 if given the chance?

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah, well tbh i'd also look into Alfa's and Audi's but the 5 Series M3 is still a very nice car

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah, well tbh i'd also look into Alfa's and Audi's but the 5 Series M3 is still a very nice car
    Not a fan of Alfa Romeos, I think the BMW 1 is a waste, ditto Merc A series.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anyone that has the new BMW M5??

What a machine. 500bhp V10 7 speed...mmm.. *drewls*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    Does anyone know anyone that has the new BMW M5??

What a machine. 500bhp V10 7 speed...mmm.. *drewls*
    Yeah, been in theirs but they didn't "test" it while i was in it *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan of Alfa Romeos, I think the BMW 1 is a waste, ditto Merc A series.
    I only really am because my Dad works for them and I get rides in the latest cars. I've been in a 156 GTA and a 5 Series M3....The GTA was nowhere near as luxurious as the M3, it had bucket seats and about 5 inches of legroom in the back but the engine did sound a tiny bit sweeter. For around town i'd say the M3 was better, the GTA's strong point is empty windy roads, not speedbumps or carrying passengers

ReputationRep:
    GTA is 250bhp FWD, meaning loads of power understeer when cornering aggresively.
    I get loads in the Golf, and its just 200bhp. I wouldnt like to drive a GTA at its limits!
    The M3 handles superbly, which is its main attribute. Nothing in its class can beat it round a track.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.