Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In the words of David Baddiel... "I couldn't give a sh*t about The Olympics."

ReputationRep:
    Well if I could neg rep Baddiel then I would.

ReputationRep:
    I'm SO HAPPY, I cried... and I'm a bloke!

This is the best thing that could happen to the country in ages and it might restore a bit of spirit! We can do this so well and it is going to be better than Sydney!

ReputationRep:
    yay. We kicked arrogant French arses.yay!!!yay!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    This is quite a comical thing, just imagine 1 million plus more people in London the games would have to be canceled becuase the stadiums would be delayed, nobody can get anywhere becuase of total grid lock and all the French will try and park their 2CVs on Oxford Street.

Great.
    But this is a problem that would be caused in any city. It's not exclusive to London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    This is quite a comical thing, just imagine 1 million plus more people in London the games would have to be canceled becuase the stadiums would be delayed, nobody can get anywhere becuase of total grid lock and all the French will try and park their 2CVs on Oxford Street.

Great.
    well in 7 years many things will change. In 7 years french economy will be ****.

ReputationRep:
    we won yay!!!
    London!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Great news for the British! But I don't understand why some people do no care about the olympics? For me its like uniting all nations together...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=swifty]Wow! Great news for the British! But I don't understand why some people do no care about the olympics? For me its like uniting all nations together...[/Q
    well said!!

ReputationRep:
    yay!
    i really didn't think we would win, its great

ReputationRep:
    Woo London

ReputationRep:
    But... what if this turns London into somewhere where everything from food to housing to taxes are expensive compared to the cheap paradise it is now? It'd be tragic!

ReputationRep:
    Apparantly they're going to build a new tubeline for the olympics...i wonder what colour it will be on the tube map and if it will be called the olympic line?

ReputationRep:
    Its wicked. Go London. Now for a big :party: I can't wait till 2012, im so getting tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    did u now the first logo for the Olympics was http://www.foundation33.com/olympics.html

ReputationRep:
    Hurrah!! *prances*

The fact that we beat the French makes the feeling even better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangletastic)
    The fact that we beat the French makes the feeling even better.
    I dont care about beating the french, im just so glad we got them!

ReputationRep:
    Im v happy London won yet always dissapointed that when we do win something it is ruined by nationalistic nonsense..

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna train like madman, and become the British number 1 in table tennis, so I can play in the 2012 Olympics! Woo!

j/k...can't wait to watch some hardcore table tennis though! Woo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    In the words of David Baddiel... "I couldn't give a sh*t about The Olympics."
    I bet you would if it was in Edinburgh.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.