Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    YAYYYYYY The Games are coming 2 Londonnnnnnnnnn w00tttttt..sorry am jst so happy and excited... london deserves it i think..seb coe and his team did a great job and of course us londoners but im sure it is great for the whole country

ReputationRep:
    About Baddiel....and the gentleman asking the question said 'I wasnt asking you I was asking the clever one' as to say no one cares what you think which got a nod from me (even though I dont like the other one either)

in fact why was I even watching it.... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    How much is this going to cost the UK?
    Isnt it a little ironic that government is willing spend miilions, possibly billions for a pointless event, but will not use this money to cancel 3rd world dept, or even develop the country.

ReputationRep:
    now all we do is wait....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    Isnt it a little ironic that government is willing spend miilions, possibly billions for a pointless event, but will not use this money to cancel 3rd world dept, or even develop the country.
    There are wider implications for doing so, which you have overlooked. It be beneficial for Stratford, London because it will give the area a tourist boast. It is a relatively poor part of London and will create jobs for people and give children a reason to get involved in sporting activities.

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to get on the website for ages now to see what the development plans are etc but it must be so busy that's unavailable :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: i'll be 24 when it comes to london... na dowuld have graduated! :eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 26 :smile:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be nearly 31 :eek: I might even have children :eek: and a job :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    in real terms it will be profitable to the UK...

ReputationRep:
    I don't even want to think how old I will be!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    did you see the french people booing on tv? (bbc news)
    What a bunch of *****. I'm glad we won.

ReputationRep:
    yer they are ****ing arrogant idiots as most of the french

ReputationRep:
    i was really pleased when we got it...because events are being held all over the UK...including belfast

ReputationRep:
    also...can whichever dumbass moderator who decided to edit the title go back and do it again...and this time do it right?

ReputationRep:
    London winning the Olympic Games in 2012 is a phenomenal achievement. We now have the chance to build sporting venues which will foster and encourage sporting excellence for the citizens of Great Britain, not to mention encourage the regeneration of parts of London's east end. All of Great Britain, not just Londoners should be proud that our capital city has been selected to host such a prestigious event. Now is the time to act.

ReputationRep:
    London winning the Olympic Games in 2012 is a phenomenal achievement. We now have the chance to build sporting venues which will foster and encourage sporting excellence for the citizens of Great Britain, not to mention encourage the regeneration of parts of London's east end. All of Great Britain, not just Londoners should be proud that our capital city has been selected to host such a prestigious event. Now is the time to act.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't spot the other thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    yer they are ****ing arrogant idiots as most of the french
    there were some good comments but so rude and arrogant

loved one of the comments "the sky is crying with us" to which i had to reply at home "nope its p***ing on you"

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.