Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    thats a pretty good time since I would have got a good job, save money for it, and go to all sports i love to watch. Once in a lifetime i should say, if it had never come to london, then i would never be able to see an olympic event right before my very own eyes. I just feel lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernando)
    there were some good comments but so rude and arrogant

loved one of the comments "the sky is crying with us" to which i had to reply at home "nope its p***ing on you"
    hahahaha,lol. They are just arrogant anddont have good diplomatic and communication skills as the British.lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    Im v happy London won yet always dissapointed that when we do win something it is ruined by nationalistic nonsense..
    Competing nations is the entire basis for the Olympics no?

ReputationRep:
    Excellent news, and very well deserved. The best city won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    I bet you would if it was in Edinburgh.
    And why would your uneducated guess assume this? I bet that if it weren't for the Labour rose next to my name, you'd be calling me a "bitter SNP supporting jock".

I honestly couldn't give a rats arse about The Olympics. Besides, we get the Special Olympics in Glasgow. That's much more interesting and amusing.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think we could make a TSR London Olympics Society, AND keep it going to 2012?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavanne)
    Do you think we could make a TSR London Olympics Society, AND keep it going to 2012?
    That'll be cool.. but 7 years is such a loooong time! No harm in trying! I am in an ecstatic mood, good on Seb Coe & his team!!

ReputationRep:
    Sigh. I'm personally rather upset that we won the bid - I live in London, so now there'll be a huge rise in taxes, not to mention tourists around where I live. I'm also extremely UNsporty and don't think I can understand months of "OLYMPICS!!!!!!! OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!! OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" everywhere I look, be it TV, radio or newspapers. And a huge stadium that will never be used for anything again....but still, supposedly it's good for the economy, and now a lot more people will be able to blurt out nationalist rubbish. How many riots will be started in London I wonder...

ReputationRep:
    Apparantly, it's only going to be an extra 39p per week for those in London. Apparantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Apparantly, it's only going to be an extra 39p per week for those in London. Apparantly.
    Nice use of italics there I don't pay taxes - but my parents do, and we're not exactly overburdend with wealth as it is.

ReputationRep:
    per week ... :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    per week ... :|
    That would eventually work out to quite a lot. I'm happy that we got the Olympics, but I also live in London, and am not looking forward to the tax rise. By the time the Olympics come around, I'll be 27 and will probably be paying taxes, so that won't be fun.

ReputationRep:
    but cmon guys its worth it, if that tax rise goes on for 7 years.. it has a total of about £140... thats for 7 years... its not that bad is it???

ReputationRep:
    Its less then buying an apple a week, and you can always get free entrance by becoming a volunteer/steward. I don't know if they've started accepting people yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent p......?)
    Its less then buying an apple a week, and you can always get free entrance by becoming a volunteer/steward. I don't know if they've started accepting people yet.
    Can't really apply for what is in 7 years time. I'll be 27 by then, and I haven't a clue what I'll be up to then.

ReputationRep:
    Seems strange to think actually, I will have finished uni then when I haven't even applied yet!

ReputationRep:
    Seems strange to think actually, I will have finished uni then when I haven't even applied yet!
    at least you can confidently ask for money from ure mum and be able to repay her when you get a job... oh boy, im gonna go to the opening ceremony

ReputationRep:
    Hehe...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    i glad for them /... it was either between paris and london

i guess the best city won but next time paris will get it for sure

ReputationRep:
    awesome bring on london 2012

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.