Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im not really thinking about it tbh, Im too busy relaxing after such an intense month of revision!
    Dont let it worry you, on results day you'll realise there was nothing to worry about *hopefully*!

ReputationRep:
    i want the results now so that i can deside whether to drop subjects or not because of this i still have to have to complete geography coursework even though it is one of the subjects i am considering dropping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxfordbrooks)
    i want the results now so that i can deside whether to drop subjects or not because of this i still have to have to complete geography coursework even though it is one of the subjects i am considering dropping
    I was in the same decision as you last year, as I want to see which subject to drop. In the end, I could wait till my results. I dropped business as I got a U. I wanted to drop geography, but I didn't, as I got a decent grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    I don't mean to be mean but...you need to get a grip and a life! Exams are not the only thing in life. Can't you enjoy your summer?
    Not knowing anything about my life I don't think you are in a position to comment. Getting into vet school is phenomenally hard (if not the hardest course to get into due to the thousands of applicants, the fact there are only 6 vet schools and the years worth of work experience you have to complete before you are even considered for an interview) It is not merely a degree course but a life-long ambition/passion. I certainly do have a life but one that is, at present, extremely complicated and certainly not easy. Even if my entire future did not depend upon these EXTREMELY important results I would be unable to have a carefree enjoyable summer as you so naively propose I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poptart86)
    Im not really thinking about it tbh, Im too busy relaxing after such an intense month of revision!
    Dont let it worry you, on results day you'll realise there was nothing to worry about *hopefully*!
    ever the optimist jen!

ReputationRep:
    My results were released yesterday, but I can't get them till Monday

ReputationRep:
    I tell a lie - they're up on OxGoss! GOT MY 2:1! W000000000000T!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePants999)
    Well done Chris! Excellent news, you must be thoroughly pleased

ReputationRep:
    Ta muchly - indeed I am!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! What percentage did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    How come your acceptance to uni is undecided? Is that on your part of the uni's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    How come your acceptance to uni is undecided? Is that on your part of the uni's?
    Because they don't know my A-level grades yet until the week before August 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I haven't found out yet - my tutors should let me know this week.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't found out yet - my tutors should let me know this week.
    So what are you doing now? When do you start working?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    The wait is over...good on you, i'm sure you deserve it.

In response to the thread topic, I'm passing the time by looking at old threads made in this forum last year around results day, posted by, the now, first year students. (These interesting threads are around page 137 in general uni discussion and well worth the long pilgrimage it takes to get there).

OK, so i dont spend ALL of my time there, but its the most interesting part of TSR for me as i feel as though they have already lived what i'm about to endure (doomsday august 18th and moving to uni, etc).

i need a hobby

ReputationRep:
    im bored of waiting too!!!!!!!!! ive got a deferred entry but i still want to know what my grades are!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickytoria77)
    im bored of waiting too!!!!!!!!! ive got a deferred entry but i still want to know what my grades are!!
    Same here. I think I will start getting nervous starting from 2-3 weeks time.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy this time, dnt worry bout the future, if u get in u get in, if u dnt, theres not a lot u can do! party and get drunk, b social and merry and u'll get a lot further in life, personal relationships r way more important than qualifications.... money and jobs do not equal friends! Love life, live it 2 the max! work is ok as long as you hav fun doing it!

ReputationRep:
    I want everyone else to get their results so that my uni can tell us all where we'll be living!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.