Turn on thread page Beta

Thank you!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello and best regards to all British students! I'm from Russia
    Thank you for answering my questionnaire, it was associations with British concepts. Your answers gave a fresh approach to my work and contributed to the research of the theme of my graduate work. Due to YOU I've got an excellent mark.
    Now I am going to apply for the postgraduate institute called 'aspirantura' and write a thesis for the candidate of philological sciences' degree ( it's something like a master of humanities' degree). I will, probably, continue and use as a basis my graduate paper so I think, I will need YOUR contribution! I hope for collaboration!
    Bye!

ReputationRep:
    Your name sounds Persian :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gulnaz)
    Thank you for answering my questionnaire, it was associations with British concepts. Your answers gave a fresh approach to my work and contributed to the research of the theme of my graduate work. Due to YOU I've got an excellent mark.
    Now I am going to apply for the postgraduate institute called 'aspirantura' and write a thesis for the candidate of philological sciences' degree ( it's something like a master of humanities' degree). I will, probably, continue and use as a basis my graduate paper so I think, I will need YOUR contribution! I hope for collaboration!
    Bye!
    Woo go you, im going to Russia in december, lovely place i hear. Maybe you can buy me a drink

ReputationRep:
    Gulnaz, I take donations via Paypal very gladly.

ReputationRep:
    There were lots of russian student outside our school campus today... why is that???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Your name sounds Persian :smile:
    It's Turkish and I'm tatar, it's a small nationality within Russia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    There were lots of russian student outside our school campus today... why is that???
    Russians have more money today to send their chlidren to respected English schools

ReputationRep:
    Merhaba :smile: or do you say MePxaбa in Татарстан Республикасы?

Does your name mean anything?

In Persian Gol means flower and naz is like dear, a term of endearment. Maybe it's similar in Tartar, I know many Azeri words are the same.

ReputationRep:
    Merhaba :smile: or do you say MePxaбa in Татарстан Республикасы?

Does your name mean anything?

In Persian Gol means flower and naz is like dear, a term of endearment. Maybe it's similar in Tartar, I know many Azeri words are the same.
    why! you have Russian letters on your keybord! you know tatar? we don't have such a word 'merhaba'. Елмая in tatar means 'smiles' (verb). In tatar my name means the same as in Persian. Do you study etymology or are from Asia?

ReputationRep:
    why! you have Russian letters on your keybord! you know tatar? we don't have such a word 'merhaba'. Елмая in tatar means 'smiles' (verb). In tatar my name means the same as in Persian. Do you study etymology or are from Asia?
    The russian letters I think are ugly........ Latvian is so much more beautiful..... Speaking from Xperience, and the russian dialect is much harsher, migrate west, come to Latvia and live in the west of it, not on the russian side........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rising_heat)
    The russian letters I think are ugly........ Latvian is so much more beautiful..... Speaking from Xperience, and the russian dialect is much harsher, migrate west, come to Latvia and live in the west of it, not on the russian side........
    I think it's wrong to judge things not knowing their essence. Latvian is just older and more difficult but Russian is a very beautiful language

ReputationRep:
    My father is from Iran. My grandfather was from Tabriz in the north west where they speak Azeri and my Grandmother was from Gilan in the North by the Caspian Sea where the Russians invaded a long time ago so the dialect there has Russian influences. I also studied English Language at A Level so I'm very interested in etymology.

Aha, in Turkish Merhaba means Hello. What do you say in Tartar for Hello? I don't have Russian letters, but I can copy and paste them from word. I can't speak any Russian, but I can read it.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's wrong to judge things not knowing their essence. Latvian is just older and more difficult but Russian is a very beautiful language
    How true. One of my life ambitions is to learn Russian . All I can say now is "Yes", and "Good health". That'll get me far..... :rolleyes:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    My father is from Iran. My grandfather was from Tabriz in the north west where they speak Azeri and my Grandmother was from Gilan in the North by the Caspian Sea where the Russians invaded a long time ago so the dialect there has Russian influences. I also studied English Language at A Level so I'm very interested in etymology.

Aha, in Turkish Merhaba means Hello. What do you say in Tartar for Hello? I don't have Russian letters, but I can copy and paste them from word. I can't speak any Russian, but I can read it.
    In tatar (not tartar) we say 'саләм' (it doesn't allow this mark) for hello.
    Great that you can read Russian. Sorry for asking, are you m or f?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruman)
    How true. One of my life ambitions is to learn Russian . All I can say now is "Yes", and "Good health". That'll get me far..... :rolleyes:

-Saruman
    Are there any courses there? Why do you want to learn Russian? My ambitiob vice versa is to learn English and French.

ReputationRep:
    Bye!
    What subject are you studying if you don't mind me asking?

I had a friend from Kazan, but she didn't know much Tatar. Is school taught in Tatar or in Russian?

Is there still support for an independent Tatarstan?

Sorry for all the questions, but all the people that I know from your area have come to the US a long time ago and don't remember much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    What subject are you studying if you don't mind me asking?

I had a friend from Kazan, but she didn't know much Tatar. Is school taught in Tatar or in Russian?

Is there still support for an independent Tatarstan?

Sorry for all the questions, but all the people that I know from your area have come to the US a long time ago and don't remember much.
    I'll answer your questions with pleasure.
    Kazan is 250 km from our town - 3 hours by car.
    I study English philology, the theory of the English language and other humanities. My specialty will be english philology, the path - on a border of stylistics, lexicology and intercultural communication.
    Schools and all other institutes are taught in Russian though there are few colleges which teach subjects in Tatar and Turkish.
    As a part of Russia - a vast country, our republic is unable to be independent and will be unable to exist without it. I think, it's right for our president is a schmuck and thinks only of money for his family. Tatar is getting assimlilated with Russian and our government with their ambitions only deterioriorate people's living conditions

ReputationRep:
    I am male Gulnaz. We also say Salam. How many people live in Tatarestan?

ReputationRep:
    I'll answer your questions with pleasure.
    Kazan is 250 km from our town - 3 hours by car.
    I study English philology, the theory of the English language and other humanities. My specialty will be english philology, the path - on a border of stylistics, lexicology and intercultural communication.
    Do you want to be a translator, a professor, or something else? I don't think there are many Englishmen/Americans in Tatarstan.

Schools and all other institutes are taught in Russian though there are few colleges which teach subjects in Tatar and Turkish.
    Is there any support for making Tatar the main language of Tatarstan and for changing to the Roman alphabet?

As a part of Russia - a vast country, our republic is unable to be independent and will be unable to exist without it. I think, it's right for our president is a schmuck and thinks only of money for his family. Tatar is getting assimlilated with Russian and our government with their ambitions only deterioriorate people's living conditions
    Doesn't Tatarstan have a lot of oil and natural gas? I know the average income in your republic is one of the highest Russia, but I guess most of it goes to Shaymiev and those who work in the energy sector. Why do Tatars tolerate such a corrupt figure? And does he have more support from the Tatars or ethnic Russians? Also, are you allowed to criticize him in public without losing your job/place in university?

Northumbrian, there are about 3 million Tatars in Russia, 2/3 of them in Tatarstan.

ReputationRep:
    I am male Gulnaz. We also say Salam. How many people live in Tatarestan?
    I don't know how many people live in Tatarstan, it is a very small republic. There are more than 500.000 people in our toen and more than a million in the capital

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.