Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey hey. sumbody told me about this study:
    "Peter Tripp stayed awake for 201 hours, in order to raise money for charity. Three days into the experiment Tripp became abusive and after 4 days he began to hallucinate (seeing spiders in his shoes) and to become paranoid (believing people were drugging his food). By the end of the experiment, his body temperature had dropped and his waking brain wave patterns were virtually indistinguishable from those of a sleeping person. After 24 hours of sleep, Tripp awoke and reported him self-feeling perfectly normal"
    please could somebody give me a reference from were this came from. thnaks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ultima_gtr)
    hey hey. sumbody told me about this study:
    "Peter Tripp stayed awake for 201 hours, in order to raise money for charity. Three days into the experiment Tripp became abusive and after 4 days he began to hallucinate (seeing spiders in his shoes) and to become paranoid (believing people were drugging his food). By the end of the experiment, his body temperature had dropped and his waking brain wave patterns were virtually indistinguishable from those of a sleeping person. After 24 hours of sleep, Tripp awoke and reported him self-feeling perfectly normal"
    please could somebody give me a reference from were this came from. thnaks
    That sounds like it could have been me...this should be in the psychsoc, but its from 'Psychology A2 - The Complete Companion' By Mike Cardwell and Cara Flanagan.

ReputationRep:
    woo soz bout the rong place lol. thanks for the help anyway m8y
    lee

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.