Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo!

I don't think there is a fashion society already-I can't find one so here it is!

Fashion is something that affects everyone almost everyday-I would love this society to be open to people who take a great interest in it. It doesn't have to be clothes, accessories, shoes and handbags but the latest fads (draws memory to cyberpets). Fashion is something which is exciting and keeps us on our toes-we might not always like it for instance, did you know its going to be a black, grey and white Christmas this year? How dull is that or the latest Brazillion designs to be introduced for summer 2006 are hideously exotic and bright! However, fashion does have its good bits, Louis Vuitton's multicoloure or Gucci's messenger. However for people like me who can't afford that *dreams* there's always the safari range that has taken over Topshop!

It would be great to hear from people who are interested and have different ideas about fashion but most of all enjoy it!

Ruth

Founder: Ruthiepooos

Members
    Bowie88
    Bohogirlie
    ...Sprigged...
    Gwenyth!
    Prince21

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepooos)
    Hellooo!

I don't think there is a fashion society already-I can't find one so here it is!

Fashion is something that affects everyone almost everyday-I would love this society to be open to people who take a great interest in it. It doesn't have to be clothes, accessories, shoes and handbags but the latest fads (draws memory to cyberpets). Fashion is something which is exciting and keeps us on our toes-we might not always like it for instance, did you know its going to be a black, grey and white Christmas this year? How dull is that or the latest Brazillion designs to be introduced for summer 2006 are hideously exotic and bright! However, fashion does have its good bits, Louis Vuitton's multicoloure or Gucci's messenger. However for people like me who can't afford that *dreams* there's always the safari range that has taken over Topshop!

It would be great to hear from people who are interested and have different ideas about fashion but most of all enjoy it!

Ruth
    Can i join? Have always been a follower of fashion trends and have had the privilage of beening able to afford designer clothes from the likes of Giorgio Armani, Karl Lagerfeld, Roberto Cavali, Dior, Valentio, etc. Fashion is a way of life and it has the ability to speak quite loudly in silent situations, it has the power to determine character and personality based on visual and asthetic appeal. Quite a powerful force in todays age of first impressions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowie88)
    Can i join? Have always been a follower of fashion trends and have had the privilage of beening able to afford designer clothes from the likes of Giorgio Armani, Karl Lagerfeld, Roberto Cavali, Dior, Valentio, etc. Fashion is a way of life and it has the ability to speak quite loudly in silent situations, it has the power to determine character and personality based on visual and asthetic appeal. Quite a powerful force in todays age of first impressions.
    Yeah of course you can-I agree completely-I hope I can one day afford them but for now I am an avid observer :p: I am in love with Armani at the moment, they have been getting better and better were as Versace is bordering tacky with a capital 'T'! Did you see Moschino's summer range *pukes*?

ReputationRep:
    I'll join! I love fashion and clothes and shopping... Just don't have as much money as i'd like to spend on it!!

I love vintage items, and sometimes prefer buying a vintage bag to a new one as it has more character...i love customising my own stuff as well. I love wearing vintage stuff because its often one off- no one else will have that item.

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo!

Ruth

Members
    Bowie88

hello! I've read some of your posts... Are you planning on being a fashion student then? Or is this just an interest?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course you can-I agree completely-I hope I can one day afford them but for now I am an avid observer :p: I am in love with Armani at the moment, they have been getting better and better were as Versace is bordering tacky with a capital 'T'! Did you see Moschino's summer range *pukes*?
    What! I recently bought a new Moschino Mare t shirt that i thought it was quite nice! Youre right versace once was sexy and classy, now its just plain tacky with that crack ***** Donatella missing up her brothers company, now i think their total profits have halfed since the death of Gianna.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~pml~)
    hello! I've read some of your posts... Are you planning on being a fashion student then? Or is this just an interest?
    Oh this is purely interest(love it so much )-hoping to go into law, might spice things up a little!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bohogirlie)
    I'll join! I love fashion and clothes and shopping... Just don't have as much money as i'd like to spend on it!!

I love vintage items, and sometimes prefer buying a vintage bag to a new one as it has more character...i love customising my own stuff as well. I love wearing vintage stuff because its often one off- no one else will have that item.
    Yeah vintage rocks-I swear most of the stuff that has come into fashion has been in the past already!
    It will be great to have you as a member!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowie88)
    What! I recently bought a new Moschino Mare t shirt that i thought it was quite nice! Youre right versace once was sexy and classy, now its just plain tacky with that crack ***** Donatella missing up her brothers company, now i think their total profits have halfed since the death of Gianna.
    Have you seen their 1960's style range-I saw them in a Madeline Ann outlet and I almost puked!!!They were the green, purple and white two pieces with ugly flowers all over them. They do nice military style coats though.

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo!

Ruth

Members
    Bowie88
    Bohogirlie

*coughs* I started one ages ago, the resurrected it under the name of UKL for the old times. So technically im the founder. Ive been in talks with ITMEOFYOULIFE - Jamie? for a logo I just havent gotten around to it.

ReputationRep:
    as soon as i can find the link ill link you to it

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t119317.html So technically not the founder.

ReputationRep:
    My new fave is Monique Lhuillier. Never noticed her before - but look how pretty the fall line is:
    http://fashion.about.com/library/sho...blmonique1.htm

(i'll join either fashion soc )

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the origional had members like Leekey and most of the old people so I can understand why it would be confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenyth!)
    My new fave is Monique Lhuillier. Never noticed her before - but look how pretty the fall line is:
    http://fashion.about.com/library/sho...blmonique1.htm

(i'll join either fashion soc )

She is big in the bridal industry. Her RTW is very pretty!

I would like to join too.

ReputationRep:
    Loving some of the winter stuff
    Not sure if I like the black, grey, beige and white Armani though

ReputationRep:
    You i really like this society can i join please

ReputationRep:
    hey, i'd love to join this society, seeing as how i live in america and was hoping to discover some differences, good and bad, between my country's sometimes bad fashion and sometimes good and England's.i dont really know how to join other than just asking. thanx!

ReputationRep:
    Can I join?
    Veronique Branquinho and Ann Demeulemeester are personal favourites!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I'd like to join please.

I love any sort of fashion (clothes-wise, otherwise I'm picky)... my personal loves are: round-toes, peep-toes, stacked heels, cropped jackets of any description, cropped capes, houndstooth, puffballs (thank god they're back in), volume in sleeves and in trousers, ballet pumps. I adore Chanel and Alexander McQueen, as well as some of Vivienne Westwood's less strange designs, and on the high-street I'm a Topshop/H&M sort of person. Also, I adore tiny boutiques even though you get the expense without the designer.

So, that's moi.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.