Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the female version of my accent is bound to win you friends. even though it sounds crappy it's popular

ReputationRep:
    I'd call you "great big fat flirting beast".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    the female version of my accent is bound to win you friends. even though it sounds crappy it's popular
    i would make love to the personification of that accent.

If it existed.

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell technik, your voice soudns more peaceful than you come across in posts :eek:

bet i'll find out that you are docile in real life as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    i would make love to the personification of that accent.

If it existed.
    at that pitch? i.e. a manly one :eek:

ReputationRep:
    the female equivalent, dummy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    bloody hell technik, your voice soudns more peaceful than you come across in posts :eek:

bet i'll find out that you are docile in real life as well
    docile. :rofl:

yea. right.

ReputationRep:
    docile. :rofl:

yea. right.
    so go on, what have you done in real life, prove your nondocility

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    the female equivalent, dummy!
    Enter Orla/Oral from Big Brother.........

ReputationRep:
    nondocility.

that IS a word!

ReputationRep:
    ofcourse it is, why do you think i used it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    I split my time between Liverpool and Cambridge, so half the time I'm surrounded by a load of scals with scouse accents, the other by loads of "posh" ones. I seem to have acquired a half mix of these. No matter how hard I try, scousers think I'm posh, and Cambridge peeps think I'm scouse. I'm not originally a scouser so thank god my accent is barely noticeable, but it's audible when I leave Liverpool. The problem of not being a scouser is that I can't get the scouse accent to sound right.

Which accent should I go for? Which do you prefer?
    I used to live in Cambridge so obviously i'd go for the Cambridge accent- it rocks! :cool:

I split my time between Liverpool and Cambridge, so half the time I'm surrounded by a load of scals with scouse accents, the other by loads of "posh" ones. I seem to have acquired a half mix of these. No matter how hard I try, scousers think I'm posh, and Cambridge peeps think I'm scouse. I'm not originally a scouser so thank god my accent is barely noticeable, but it's audible when I leave Liverpool. The problem of not being a scouser is that I can't get the scouse accent to sound right.

Which accent should I go for? Which do you prefer?
    I have an odd kind of scouse accent that I think sounds really noticable when I am with friends who aren't from my area. Last night everyone at my drama group (which is in Cheshire) kept making fun of it I want to change it and make it less noticable!!

ReputationRep:
    you sound exactly like one of my friends...it'd be extremely fit apart from that!!

ReputationRep:
    Lauren you would be much more shaggable with a Cambs accent than a Scouser one. My opinion. Is there a pic of you?

ReputationRep:
    you sound exactly like one of my friends...it'd be extremely fit apart from that!!
    wheres your friend from?

ReputationRep:
    You speak how you speak. I don't understand what the big deal is, just get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    Lauren i'm exactly like you, i can't change my accent though. it's a bit frustrating as i'm not accepted anywhere. I was born in Yorkshire, but i sound too posh for them, and i live in Surrey now, where i repeatedly get corrected for certain words i always say in a northern accent. It's aggravating. xx

ReputationRep:
    what words do you say ina northern accent? "come" "bucket" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    I have an odd kind of scouse accent that I think sounds really noticable when I am with friends who aren't from my area. Last night everyone at my drama group (which is in Cheshire) kept making fun of it I want to change it and make it less noticable!!
    :hugs: aww i know how you feel. we should be proud of how we speak (or at least not care). sometimes when i come home i can't understand scousers, and i think "oh god, do i sound like that when i come back to cambridge".

ramroff - yes i have a pic, but i am really not attractive!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.