Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    Me, Ribomania and sqa7 did the wazzup homie crib talk in your american soc thread but it got deleted and we were banned from soc forums for a week :eek:
    :eek: You were banned? That just seems silly...Mod must have been having pms that day *Note to mods: Please don't ban me for that comment*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    are you english but at an american uni? that could get annoying!
    No, I'm an American student who would like to go to an english uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BK)
    :secruity:

As a North Yorkshire representative, i codemn your tongue, laddie.
    but it is true, there is a reason why you would never get a job as a tv presenter!
    well, you would get one at burger king :p:

ReputationRep:
    t is tr
    (Original post by ~*PinkTeaCozy*~)
    then come!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*PinkTeaCozy*~)
    yay! come to england, you can teach me american and i can teach you...er..."english" english! :p:

ReputationRep:
    t is tr

then come!
    Oh believe me, I'm trying I'll probably just end up going to uni here and studying in the uk for a year or so though...My family wants me here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    are you english but at an american uni? that could get annoying!
    Not if you're a British exchange student at Wellesley College
    :love: :cool: :love:

Wellesley women have the reputation being easy and desperate. (The "**** truck" reputation.) While this many be true for some, the majority of women who attend Wellesley make fun of the men who have that perception. The women who attend Wellesley are strong-minded and independent.

In 2003, Wellesley ranked 19th on the Princeton Review's rating of "Stone Cold Sober" schools. Nevertheless, every weekend, dozens of Harvard students make the trip on the "**** Truck" out to Wellesley (just as all the single Wellesley girls are making the opposite trip to Harvard for the night). To get to Wellesley, buy a ticket to the "Senate Bus" (the official name of the **** Truck) in advance at Out-of-Town News in the Square. Then catch the bus at Johnston gate and enjoy the 40-minute ride. Last bus back to Harvard leaves Wellesley at 2 on Friday nights, 2:40 on Saturday nights. Or take the Bus Ride of Shame beginning at 8 AM the next morning.

Note: In response to our comment earlier in regards to the "rarely heterosexual girls of Wellesley College," HahvahdParties.com was admonished by the Wellesley officials. In fact, Wellesley administrators assured us that the campus is overrun with an abundance of straight girls. And it's more fun than back when Julia Roberts taught there. They swear.

ReputationRep:
    but it is true, there is a reason why you would never get a job as a tv presenter!
    well, you would get one at burger king :p:
    *reaches for shotgun*

I have contacts in high places, and i could easily be a newsreader on Channel 5.

A very small minority of southeners could be newsreaders, though. But hey, we gotta keep up the British image.

The fact is, come to North Yorkshire, and we will kill you. Keep outta the hood, and don't diss. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Alas good people...The time has come for my departure. But fret not, for my time from you shall be breif and I shall return to you...

Bye all! :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BK)
    *reaches for shotgun*

I have contacts in high places, and i could easily be a newsreader on Channel 5.

A very small minority of southeners could be newsreaders, though. But hey, we gotta keep up the British image.

The fact is, come to North Yorkshire, and we will kill you. Keep outta the hood, and don't diss. :rolleyes:
    whats that?? learn to speak properly

*nestles in southern comforts*

ReputationRep:

*drops bomb on the Rammy estate* :rolleyes:

Who wants to be a newsreader anyway? I mean, its a pretty crappy job.

These parts demand respect, which other part of england could have possibly been the home of Margaret Thatcher and Parkinson?

Muahahahaha *he says in a proud northern accent* Your arse is mine, be afraid.

*points* Southern pussies! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm soooooo glad I dson't have a Goerdie accent! It can be quite nice, especially when it's mild, but when it's strong up here it's barely understandable! I'm glad I o have a northern accent though - I'm posh for a northener but my bf says I'm incredibly northern :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BK)
    *drops bomb on the Rammy estate* :rolleyes:

Who wants to be a newsreader anyway? I mean, its a pretty crappy job.

These parts demand respect, which other part of england could have possibly been the home of Margaret Thatcher and Parkinson?

Muahahahaha *he says in a proud northern accent* Your arse is mine, be afraid.

*points* Southern pussies! :p:
    ah, but atleast we dont rely on state handouts to have an economy

*points to latest olympic news
    *points to new infrastructure and stuff that will be set up

LAUGHS MANIACALLY

:p:

ReputationRep:

*nestles in Southern Comfort*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    I'm soooooo glad I dson't have a Goerdie accent! It can be quite nice, especially when it's mild, but when it's strong up here it's barely understandable! I'm glad I o have a northern accent though - I'm posh for a northener but my bf says I'm incredibly northern :rolleyes:
    Hehe i sound posh to geordies and "like a farmer" to Southeners... :rolleyes:

*hugs feefy* Lets kick some rammy ass!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    *nestles in Southern Comfort*
    *nestles in Anne Summer's catalog, with a fine whisky*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BK)

as we say in the south, once a northerner, always a farmer

*ducks, runs and hides quickly*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BK)

Arrrr! We be farmers together, aye!

I've noticed other things I say that are northern as well, such as me saying "nowt" instead of nothing

ReputationRep:
    ah, but atleast we dont rely on state handouts to have an economy

*points to latest olympic news
    *points to new infrastructure and stuff that will be set up

LAUGHS MANIACALLY

:p:
    *cough*

"Yorkshire’s economy enjoyed the strongest growth of all UK regions in 2004 with employment growth also the strongest in the country.

The regional economy grew by 4.4%.in 2004 which was well ahead of the national average of 3.1%. Total employment is expected to also have outstripped national trends, growing by 2%, against a national average of 0.6%.

Office rents in Yorkshire rose by 2%.whilst nationally there was an overall fall of 1.8% (reflecting the continuing poor performance of office markets in London and the South East). Industrial rents grew by 2.1% p.a., which was in line with the national average."

State handouts my arse.

*dismisses argument, hits rammy over the head with the Yorkshire post*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    Arrrr! We be farmers together, aye!

I've noticed other things I say that are northern as well, such as me saying "nowt" instead of nothing
    hehe, i don't say many northern things, we're a posh northern family :rolleyes:

I do say "t'" instead of "the" sometimes though :p:
    E.g. "I'm going ter shop"

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.