Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from nasht

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    when i came into this country I had an american accent.. honestly, becuase thats the english we are taught. When I came into this country, I had a hard time adjusting my english (cuz i found out american accent here is a no no) and so i blended quite well, and then i moved on to scotland for a brief time.. and yeah i did try to get scots accent and finally notts.. accent is not that defined here.. (i think) and i am trying to suit myself again. Oh boy, i really do fluctuate accents a lot, especially it depends on who im talking with... i think people might find that rather odd
    i had the same problem
    in cyprus, despite there being alot of english people here my accent was a bit on the american side due to TV programs etc. plus cyprus has alot of southafricans nd most of my friends are from there so it made my accent really different.
    then i moved to england and people kept teasing me about my 'american' accent! so now its slowly getting adjusted to english... but when i come back to cyprus for holidays the peeps here tease me about my 'english' accent! :rolleyes:
    no getting around it!

ReputationRep:
    kriz its best to have a SOUTHERN english one at the end of the day it makes you so much more shaggable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    kriz its best to have a SOUTHERN english one at the end of the day it makes you so much more shaggable

so ya saying that if someones got a southern accent, ur more likely to s**g them?

pick me pick me! im as southern as they can be! lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    so ya saying that if someones got a southern accent, ur more likely to s**g them?

pick me pick me! im as southern as they can be! lol :rolleyes:
    well i dont find the yorkshire accent as sexy on a woman!

*licks lips at cazzi seductively, then motion towards bed*

ReputationRep:
    well i dont find the yorkshire accent as sexy on a woman!

*licks lips at cazzi seductively, then motion towards bed*

lol i get what ya mean.

id never go for a northern guy, i hate the way they speak and how SOME act (footy loving, beer drinking chavs anyway)

although the scottish and the welsh are great.....its just england! i dont like england!

ReputationRep:
    well i go to uni in london so im bound to get a southern accent!
    but im not worried about getting shagged :rolleyes:
    its the least of my worries... its guys that worry about things like that! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    well i go to uni in london so im bound to get a southern accent!
    but im not worried about getting shagged :rolleyes:
    its the least of my worries... its guys that worry about things like that! :p:

where are you going to uni?

ReputationRep:
    surely you are not an abstinator?? you never came across as one :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    where are you going to uni?
    hertfordshire uni

surely you are not an abstinator?? you never came across as one :rolleyes:
    dont assume things 'young' ramroff :p:

ReputationRep:
    hertfordshire uni

dont assume things 'young' ramroff :p:
    so what are you going to study, i hope you are not doing a Sexual Assasins course since you already are one

*kriz looks at ramroff seductively and he keels over, dead*

ReputationRep:
    so what are you going to study,
    i just finished my first year at uni.... :rolleyes:
    studying european business and marketing :cool:

i hope you are not doing a Sexual Assasins course since you already are one

*kriz looks at ramroff seductively and he keels over, dead*
    sexual assasins? everything i do stays a secret :p:

ReputationRep:
    i just finished my first year at uni.... :rolleyes:
    studying european business and marketing :cool:

sexual assasins? everything i do stays a secret :p:
    oh, so your the smooth, sneaky one in bed that slowly rattles up their prey.. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    oh, so your the smooth, sneaky one in bed that slowly rattles up their prey.. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    no comment! :rolleyes:
    anyway back on to the topic of accents! :p: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i like the way the curves on your body, ACCENT your beauty

*grimaces at cheesy joke*

ReputationRep:
    i like the way the curves on your body, ACCENT your beauty

*grimaces at cheesy joke*
    thats more than jus cheesy, thats double cheasy! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    double cheesy? with fries?

*groans*

ReputationRep:
    double cheesy? with fries?

*groans*
    :rolleyes: terrible you are.
    anyway cheese, i gotta go cya later! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    when i came into this country I had an american accent.. honestly, becuase thats the english we are taught. When I came into this country, I had a hard time adjusting my english (cuz i found out american accent here is a no no) and so i blended quite well, and then i moved on to scotland for a brief time.. and yeah i did try to get scots accent and finally notts.. accent is not that defined here.. (i think) and i am trying to suit myself again. Oh boy, i really do fluctuate accents a lot, especially it depends on who im talking with... i think people might find that rather odd
    American accents aren't a no-no if they're proper Bostonian, So-Cal, New Yorker, Midwest or Texan accents. ******* accents that sound like a Mexican who's been watching too many episodes of Friends are a no-no. Those accents sound "American" but they also sound a million miles away from any accent an American would have. My Uni is full of them and it irritates me...
    There's nothing nicer than a French, German or Pole trying to use British expressions and British pronunciations. That's pretty neat...

God, I'm horrible...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.